Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Come As You Are (One Love, #4)
This topic is about Come As You Are
Buddy Reads > September Buddy Read - Come As You Are (KarenH, Vikki)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments September Buddy Read

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments Hi Vikki!

I took a very quick peek at your TBR today and saw some things that intrigued me, but didn't have time to actually get them listed here. I'll do that tomorrow, and you can see if any of them interest you for a buddy read. Also, if you want to take a look at my cant-wait-to-read shelf to see if anything there looks good to you, we can compare notes hopefully in the next couple of days or so to settle on a book. I'm looking forward to it! =)

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments Ok, I'm finally back with some possibilities:

Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely Come As You Are
Fearless (Rosewood Bay, #1) by Carly Phillips Fearless
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover It Ends with Us

In addition, I noticed you have quite a few non-romance mystery/suspense on your TBR and I've been on quite a suspense kick lately. There were a few I saw on your shelf that intrigued me, so if any of these sound good to you, they'd work for me, too.

The Child Finder (Naomi Cottle, #1) by Rene Denfeld The Child Finder
The Last Thing She Ever Did by Gregg Olsen The Last Thing She Ever Did
Silent Child by Sarah A. Denzil Silent Child

Let me know if any of these (or anything you see on my cant-wait-to-read shelf interest you, and we'll move on from there!

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments Hi Karen! I'm new to this so it took me awhile to.find this post. Is there an easy way to find this thread? I've always wanted to try lauren blakeley? Want to read come as you are???

message 5: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments Glad you finally found the thread, Vikki! If it's not already checked, check the box at the bottom (below the comment box) that reads "Notify me when people reply"...then you will be notified when there's a new post in the thread. Also, there's a link in the first post of the original sign-up thread, if you lose track of it and need to find it again.

Come As You Are works for me - I really enjoy Lauren Blakely, so definitely no hardship to read one of her books! =P When would be a good time for you to start? I have plans for the holiday weekend, so wouldn't be able to start before the 4th or 5th at the earliest (sometimes holiday weekends run a little bit long around here) but anytime after that works for me.

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments hi Karen!!! great let's start the 7th! I can usually finish a book in a few days but I am going back to work after labor day so it might take me longer to read it. but will definitely have it finished before the end of September! looking forward to discussing with you!!!

message 7: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments Ok, the 7th it is! I'll be listening to the audiobook and it's pretty short so it should also take me only a day or two depending on listening time, but that weekend will probably again be busy, so might not finish it until the beginning of the week.

What I've done in previous buddy reads is if you want to post a comment that is at all spoilerish and don't know for sure that the other person is beyond that point, just post what chapter you're at, then put the rest of the comment in spoiler tags. Or, if you'd rather just wait until we're both done before discussing, that's fine with me too - in fact that's usually what ends up happening for me since I tend to get through books pretty quickly. We can just see what ends up working best. I'm looking forward to getting started!

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments sounds great Karen! thanks!

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments Karen...I am finished! Let me know when you want to start...no rush...There a few duets that I started where the second book is coming out soon so I wanted to read this before they came out!

message 10: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments No problem, Vikki! It'll be at least a couple of days before I can get to it - I have a bunch of extra family staying here for the weekend (fortunately they bring campers and travel trailers). I live on a lake, and we're building a new dock - the old one was about 50 years old and well past what should have been it's useful lifespan! Anyway, with all that's going on here I'll have very little reading or listening time until at least Tuesday, and possibly not for a day or two beyond that. Once I get to it though, it shouldn't take me more than a day, so I'll let you know when I'm done! =)

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments sounds good! enjoy your family :)

message 12: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments Hey Vikki...I'm finally back!!! Sorry it took me so long...I finished the book about a week ago, but life has been so crazy I just couldn't seem to get my act together and post here.

Well, it was no big surprise to me that I really liked this book - with the exception of what I think was her very first series, I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've read by Lauren Blakely. I'm really interested to hear what you think since this was your first book by her!

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments Hi Karen! I definitely liked it...I didnt love it. with that being said though, I would definitely consider reading another one by her!