Booklings discussion

Random Questions > Do you know which childhood book made you fall in love with reading?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Triss (new)

Triss (goodreadscomtriss123101) | 36 comments Mod
My earlier books would probably be The Magic Treehouse series and Goosebumps. Those were some of the best books to read when I was little.
Then later, around third and fourth grade, I moved on to The Inheritance Cycle and the His Dark Materials series. They were some very influential books when I was small. They made me love reading, and are mainly the reason why I love them so much today.

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana (vumblereads) | 18 comments I'm embarrassed to say this but I grew up with two older sisters who LOVED to read historical romance. Those were basically the books that I had quick access to. I read romance novels by Jude Deveraux, Judith McNaught and Julie Garwood at a really young age and even to this day, I still think I was too young to read their books.

I never really considered myself a bookworm until now. I think I officially just started to fall in love with reading. The book that fueled my reading this year was Circe by Madeline Miller.

message 3: by Triss (new)

I think at some point everyone reads a book they may be a little too young to read :)

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana (vumblereads) | 18 comments I think I turned out just fine though lol

message 5: by Triss (new)

Of course

message 6: by Tabeer (new)

Tabeer Khilji (tabeerk) | 2 comments For me it was the Naughtiest Girl series by Enid Blyton that sparked an eternal love for reading.