Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Editing or adding book genre for recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mahlon (new)

Mahlon (mahlon32) | 10 comments I use the recommendation engine a lot and it's usually the case with new books or maybe with books that haven't been shelved many times that the recommendation says "because this person likes nonfiction" when the book in question is actually a sports book. I searched the forum before posting and it seems like book genres are determined by the users? This doesn't seem to apply to the recommendation Engine however, because when I make a sports shelf input the book on it and then try recommended it still says "because this person likes nonfiction. Is there another way to change the genre for recommendations? I thought it used to be on the metadata page but I didn't see it.

I apologize if this question is poorly worded or confusing, if it doesn't belong in the librarians group please feel free to move it it might also be a feedback question I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance,
Mahlon

message 2: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45530 comments Mod
This is not a Librarians Group issue, but one for the Feedback Group, or you may wish to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. Librarians can help with issues pertaining to specific book records or most related issues, but have no control over general site functionality or related issues. Closing thread.

(Note: It is not possible to move a thread from one group to a different one.)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.