YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team May (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (last edited Sep 14, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Team Members
✓Lesa
✓Quirks
✓Abby
✓Carolyn
✓Kelli
✓Kanitta
✓Nikk

Main thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7339 comments Checking in!

message 3: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Checking in! :)

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Checking in!

message 5: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Checking in...

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Are you guys ready to do this?

message 7: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Yep! Starting out this month with Alex and Eliza. Anyone want to buddy read it?

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I'm sooo glad for this easy-going challenge. My team for Wheel of Fortune last month was really unorganized and we didn't get nearly as many points as we should have because some people didn't submit their reviews on books they had finished.

message 9: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I'm ready ladies. I just started reading 2 books Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone I think I can finish this by tomorrow night. Reading for buddy read Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, #1) by Jim Butcher . But I also plan on starting Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3) by Martha Wells very short I can finish in an hour...
Happy reading ladies.

message 10: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm still trying to finish King's Cage which I started on the last challenge. I don't know why it's taking me so long to finish. After I finish it, hopefully tomorrow, I'm going to start the last book of the Red Queen series, War Storm. That will hopefully give us lots of points.

message 11: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Well I finished 2 books yesterday.... DNF a book started another book this morning should be finished with it maybe tonight or in the morning then I'll add my reviews to our review thread.

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Finish a book yesterday that I can post but only for the pages read in September. Started a new book yesterday too. Hopefully be done with it by maybe Saturday or Sunday.

message 13: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard Checking in

message 14: by Kelli (last edited Sep 03, 2018 06:39PM) (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Finishing a book tonight that will just be for the pages read in September...but also got a pretty good dent in an audiobook while cleaning today :). Starting th twisted tales series tomorrow of anyone wants to BR! A Whole New World (A Twisted Tale #1) by Liz Braswell Once Upon a Dream (Twisted Tales #2) by Liz Braswell As Old As Time (Twisted Tales, #3) by Liz Braswell Reflection (Twisted Tales, #4) by Elizabeth Lim

message 15: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Also finishing a book tonight!

message 16: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85740 comments Mod
Hello Team May, just to let you know that as Reyna hasn't replied to me, or commented on your team threads, that I will be looking to replace her. I've messaged the person at the top of the waiting list, so hopefully we'll know soon ☺

Thanks x

message 17: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team May, good news! Nikk will be joining your team to replace Reyna ☺

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments Hi all! checking in :-)

I have read two books so far which and the points have already been allocated on the review thread,

I am currently buddy reading Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1) by Annette Marie and will be starting Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb and An Unnatural Beanstalk A Retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk (Entwined Tales Book 2) by Brittany Fichter

Of to bed now as it is 11.30 pm here and I need to be up at 5 but it check back in tomorrow with books i am looking to read in September for some potential buddy reads .

message 19: by Lesa (last edited Sep 04, 2018 11:36AM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Okay I finally added my books I finished.... Now I'm reading Foundryside (Founders, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett I'm liking this so far. Glad I brought it. Then I'll go back to some library books I have Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1) by Mary E. Pearson and Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor I was hoping to get to this month too.
Happy reading ladies.

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments I loved Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor . Book 2 of the series Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2) by Laini Taylor is out next month and I can’t wait!

I finished my buddy read of Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1) by Annette Marie this afternoon and will finish my review and post it when I get home tonight. I have started on Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb and then will read A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab . Let me know if anyone wants to buddy read either of these

message 21: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I finished and posted King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard , but can only use about 225 pages because I started it in August. I am currently reading War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard and will hopefully finish it by either Saturday or Sunday. I will then start Royals by Rachel Hawkins on either Saturday or Sunday and go from there.

Hello, Nikk! Glad to have you on our team!

message 22: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Just checking in seeing how's everyone's reading going. I'll be adding 3 more books to review probably by Monday....
Happy reading.

message 23: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm about 52% of War Storm, and school is cancelled for today, so I should get in a lot of good reading.

message 24: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Hoping to finish up an audiobook today and about 30% into another. Hope to finish that up this week!! :)

message 25: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I added 4 books to review yesterday. I am thinking of doing myself my own 24 hour readathon or 24 in 48 hour readathon since I don't have to be back to work until Friday. After last month of working doubles 5 days and sometimes 6 days in a row I can finally sit and read like I want to. But first I must go to library I have 4 holds to pick up lol. Happy reading all.

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments I finished and reviewed 2 on Monday and should have another 2 done today

message 27: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm 67% done. I went to eat out for lunch which was fine but then we went shopping, and all I kept thinking about was reading again.

message 28: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Will post War Storm review tomorrow ASAP. Currently Reading: Royals by Rachel Hawkins. Should have this book fine at least by the weekend.

message 29: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Ok so I'll be posting 4 more books probably tonight or tomorrow. I posted 2 this morning. I'm almost done reading my 6th book today. Did my own 24 hour cozy mystery readathon. On book 6 now.
Happy reading.

message 30: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Does anyone think they can post my review for me? I can't connect to the Internet right now, I need a new computer. Also, the hurricane on the east coast of North and South Carolina hasn't reached my town yet, but we are starting to see effects of it like high wind. To post my review, click on my picture and then click on War Storm. My review should be right there. And thank you so much!

message 31: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments The total number of pages for 872

message 32: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I mean 877.

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team May, just to let you know that I have offered Kanitta's spot on this team to the person who is on the waiting list for a medium team, as Kanitta doesn 't appear to still be participating. I'll let you know when I get a reply ☺

message 34: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Ok thanks Sarah...

message 35: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team May, just to let you know that Amanda will be joining your team to replace Kanitta. I think she has some reviews that haven't been counted yet on her fun team, so I'll swap points over tomorrow as I'm not up-to-date at the moment ☺

Thank you x

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Hey guys! I'm joining, my points will be moved over tomorrow. I just posted a review and right now I'm reading A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa B. Sheinmel and tomorrow I will be reading The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke both as buddy reads. Then I have a few other buddy reads to catch up on as well. I don't know how many points I currently have that will be transferred. It's nice to join you guys.

message 37: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Sorry I've been MIA lately, guys. So busy with school and sports, but I've managed to read to boys during this time period. I'm now currently reading The Takedown by Corrie Wang.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.