YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team June (M)- Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Courtney (last edited Aug 25, 2018 06:46AM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Team June:
Ashley ✔
Beatrice ✔
•Lucia•✔
Courtney ✔
Izzy ✔
Charis
Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Hi everyone :)

message 2: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Checking in!

message 3: by izzy (new)

izzy  | 1293 comments Checking in

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Hello everyone! I'm checking in 😊

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Checking in!

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Here are the books I planned to read for September:
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Ashley wrote: "Checking in!"

I was really hoping it was you when I saw your name.
Im glad it is :)

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Good morning everyone :) I will add a link of what I want to read in a little bit.

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Courtney wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Checking in!"

I was really hoping it was you when I saw your name.
Im glad it is :)"

My thoughts exactly when I saw your name!

message 10: by Courtney (last edited Sep 07, 2018 08:41PM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Here is my list: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
I might join in on the One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus BR it all depends on when I get it. Let me know if you wanna BR any :)

message 11: by Courtney (last edited Sep 17, 2018 02:35PM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Current BR's:
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore - 1st (Maybe)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater - 1st DONE
Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter - 3rd DONE
The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - 6th DONE
Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo - 10th DONE
The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan - 13th DONE
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare - 18th
One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus - 18th (Maybe)
In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken - 18th DONE
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas - 20th

message 12: by Ashley (last edited Aug 29, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Here's what I have so far, this will probably change some

Buddy reads:
Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, #1) by Jim Butcher Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1) by Justina Ireland Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence The Caged Queen (Iskari, #2) by Kristen Ciccarelli Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King

Non buddies, these may turn into buddies, I'm going to go post these in the thread now actually
Seafire (Seafire, #1) by Natalie C. Parker The Valiant (The Valiant, #1) by Lesley Livingston NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman

message 13: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Started my first book Inward by yung pueblo . I have poetry books to finish.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I'm going to be starting Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater once I wake up in the morning. If I start now I wont comprehend any of it.

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Finished Our Numbered Days by Neil Hilborn and started The Nectar of Pain by Najwa Zebian :) I'll be finishing The Chase (Briar U, #1) by Elle Kennedy for page count.

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Started Seafire (Seafire, #1) by Natalie C. Parker this morning, then moving on to Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Finished Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Finished Seafire (Seafire, #1) by Natalie C. Parker , I've got City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab , The Valiant (The Valiant, #1) by Lesley Livingston and Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson in progress

message 19: by Courtney (last edited Sep 03, 2018 11:45AM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I have been at work all day so havent had a chance to read but Im starting Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter now.

message 20: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Starting The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang which is a buddy read. Feel free to join if you guys are interested :)

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85737 comments Mod
Hello Team June, just to let you know that as Charis hasn't replied to me, or commented on your team threads, that I will be looking to replace her. I've messaged the person who is next on the waiting list, so hopefully we'll know soon ☺

Thanks x

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Sarah wrote: "Hello Team June, just to let you know that as Charis hasn't replied to me, or commented on your team threads, that I will be looking to replace her. I've messaged the person who is next on the wait..."

Thank you for the update, Sarah!

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Started The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater . I am hoping to have that one done by tonight, but realistically it will be tomorrow morning.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Starting Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3) by Kendare Blake tomorrow

I have a bunch of books going at once, even more than usual. Driving myself a little crazy

message 25: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I just finished Raven King. It took longer then I wanted though. Starting The Naturals next.

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Finished Naturals, and starting Dragonwatch. Its on audio so I am hoping to have it done tonight.

How is everyone else doing?

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I’m almost done with Steelheart, working on 2 Dark Reigns, both BRs

I took all next week off of work so hopefully I can get a ton of reading in!

message 28: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Halfway done on The Kiss Quotient (BR) and working on The Studying Hours (23%)

message 29: by izzy (new)

izzy  | 1293 comments Hmmmm, still finding balance, well done team mates

message 30: by Courtney (last edited Sep 07, 2018 12:03PM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I just finished Dragonwatch (Dragonwatch, #1) by Brandon Mull .

message 31: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I'm joining your team

message 32: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Welcome Slytherpuff :)

message 33: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Thank you. I've already been on two teams this month.

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Hi Slytherpuff! Welcome aboard

message 35: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Welcome to the team Slytherpuff!

message 36: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85737 comments Mod
Hello Team June, just to let you know that Slytherpuff will be joining your team ☺ I have also heard from Charis, and she says that she would like to still take part, so she will be remaining on your team for the time being ☺

Thanks x

message 37: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Awesome.

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I should be done with Shadow and Bone soon. I only got three chapters left. My next couple reads after that will get max points so hopefully I can finish them fast enough.

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I’m super slowed down by a book I hate, but I already dumped way too much time into it to DNF it! I’m hoping I can finish it today so I can move on

message 40: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments I am halfway with The Studying Hours. I've been busy at the moment.

message 41: by Courtney (last edited Sep 11, 2018 09:33PM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I finally got I am Number Four and some other books I was wiating for so my plans will change a little bit, but I still plan on get the max point books done.

message 42: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Sorry that my reading is a lot slower than I want it to be

message 43: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Hello guys! Sorry I haven't been posting. I am feeling woozy for the past two days and this migraine makes me feel nauseated. :(

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I just picked up a BR for Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna if anyone likes poetry.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 45: by Courtney (last edited Sep 12, 2018 09:07PM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments Beatrice wrote: "Hello guys! Sorry I haven't been posting. I am feeling woozy for the past two days and this migraine makes me feel nauseated. :("

Eww! I hate feeling like that. I hope you feel better soon.

I have been slowing down, and I am trying to get back into the groove of things.

message 46: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Courtney wrote: "I just picked up a BR for Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna if anyone likes poetry.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Courtney wrote: "I just picked up a BR for Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna if anyone likes poetry.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Timely I have this on my kindle!

message 47: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Courtney wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Hello guys! Sorry I haven't been posting. I am feeling woozy for the past two days and this migraine makes me feel nauseated. :("

Eww! I hate feeling like that. I hope you feel be..."

Thank you Courtney! I need to sleep it through instead of taking medicine.

message 48: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Hope you feel better

I have to add to my BR before posting the book

message 49: by Courtney (last edited Sep 14, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

Courtney | 11474 comments I will be finishing I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore within the next couple hours, and starting In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken . Im hoping to finish that and Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna by Monday.

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I will be done with Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1) by Scott Reintgen soon, and then starting The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King (BR) and Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.