YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team January (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Carrie (last edited Sep 08, 2018 03:37PM) (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Team January:

Carrie ✔
Leah ✔
✨Skye✨ ✔
Tati ✔
Lenni ✔
Sanah ✔
Jennifer ✔

message 2: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2225 comments Checking in.

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Welcome Leah, I think everyone else is still reading like crazy for Aug so far. :)

message 4: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Hi guys :) I'll post my planned buddy reads later on today!

message 5: by Lenni (new)

Lenni Jones | 483 comments Hi everybody! I’ve been on this group for a while and I’ve never done a challenge before, so I’m a little confused. I hope you guys can help me a little. Good luck everyone and thanks! Also, should I post which books I have that we could read?

message 6: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hi everyone!

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Got you guys checked in. Obviously I'm still going crazy with the MMC so haven't thought much about this one yet since there's no planning really needed.

@Lenni We'll all help you along the way so feel free to ask if unsure about anything. Next month you can read anything but finding a buddy for something you are reading will double your points so if you have anything in mind feel free to post here or in the buddy readers wanted threads. :)

message 8: by Sanah (last edited Aug 25, 2018 05:57PM) (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Hey guys, yeah I'm still finishing up with August reads, so I haven't really planned out September yet, but I'll probably make a final TBR in the next few days

message 9: by Lenni (new)

Lenni Jones | 483 comments Okay! This sounds easy enough! For next month, I’m planning to read Kasie West’s latest book: “Listen to Your Heart.” I also plan on reading “The Supervillain and Me” and “Avalon High.” Anybody in for one of those?

message 10: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments yay! September is almost here

message 11: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati wrote: "yay! September is almost here"

Ha.. I see myself becoming the sloth after Aug though so don't be too excited. Although I do have a ton of catching up with ARCs to do so I'll be kicking myself in the rear to do those.

message 12: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Your version of sloth is probably still faster than 95% of this groups readers xD

message 13: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments What? If you’re the sloth, then what am I??

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Your version of sloth is probably still faster than 95% of this groups readers xD"

Probably true. LOL

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati wrote: "What? If you’re the sloth, then what am I??"

Ok, so Edita isn't here so maybe I should be the panda.

message 16: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Okay so I'm currently reading Thunderhead, so I'm gonna finish that hopefully this weekend and then I'm gonna move onto some of the books on my september tbr shelf

message 17: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I'm going to finish The Immortalists and Daughter of the Pirate King, maybe Red Rising from last month. I also have BRs for The Woman in Cabin 10, Children of Blood and Bone, Dread Nation, Furies of Calderon, All of this is True, Wonder Woman: Warbringer, Pretty Girl 13, The Book Thief, The Humans, The Kiss of Deception, Truly Madly Guilty, The Witchfinder's Sister, Thunderhead, Tess of the Road and The Wicked Deep. The chances I will do all of these things is admittedly quite slim but I'm up for a challenge!

message 18: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Sarah is checking on missing members and I see we are still missing Gabrielle so I'll let her know.

Honestly after last month I feel like crawling back into bed and sleeping for a week but I'm getting started on my first book. LOL

message 19: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Carrie wrote: "Sarah is checking on missing members and I see we are still missing Gabrielle so I'll let her know.

Honestly after last month I feel like crawling back into bed and sleeping for a week but I'm ge..."

MOOD

message 20: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments would anyone like to BR All Your Perfects?

message 21: by Lenni (new)

Lenni Jones | 483 comments I don’t read new adult books, just YA. But, if you’re interested in romance, I plan on reading “The Supervillain and Me” by Danielle Banas and “Avalon High” by Meg Cabot.

message 22: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I need that one for another challenge, and will start it either today or tomorrow :)

message 23: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati wrote: "would anyone like to BR All Your Perfects?"

There's already a BR set for it starting today....
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 24: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Carrie wrote: "Tati wrote: "would anyone like to BR All Your Perfects?"

There's already a BR set for it starting today....
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/......"

this sloth has timing LOL

message 25: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Haha yep, I knew I'd seen it on the lists but couldn't remember when but apparently it was on Aug and Sept.

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Ok, so I just finished my second book so I guess I don't get the slothy title although I still feel slow after the past week in the MMC. And I'm definitely going to miss my 2k+ point score this month. LOL

message 27: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Finished my first book! Now to find my next read...

message 28: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2225 comments I finished my first book and should post my review later today.

message 29: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Posting my review for The Immortalists now-which I highly recommend, by the way!

message 30: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Posted my review of The Giver and I'll be picking up another book from my TBR shelf. Don't know which one though...

message 31: by Lenni (new)

Lenni Jones | 483 comments Hope you don’t mind, I just checked your TBRs and I’d be more than willing to read “My Live Next Door” or “To All the Boys I’ve Loved” with you😊😊😊

message 32: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Lenni wrote: "Hope you don’t mind, I just checked your TBRs and I’d be more than willing to read “My Live Next Door” or “To All the Boys I’ve Loved” with you😊😊😊"

Awesome! I don't have a preference for which one we start with, but could we start this Sunday, if you're free?

message 33: by Lenni (new)

Lenni Jones | 483 comments How about “My Life Next Door” starting Sunday. I’ve been wanting to read it for a while but didn’t have an excuse until now!

message 34: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments yeah that works! I'll request the thread

message 35: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85691 comments Mod
Hello Team January, just to let you know that I didn't get a reply from Gabrielle, so I am looking to replace her. I've contacted the person at the top of the waiting list, so hopefully we will know soon ☺

message 36: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Sarah wrote: "Hello Team January, just to let you know that I didn't get a reply from Gabrielle, so I am looking to replace her. I've contacted the person at the top of the waiting list, so hopefully we will kno..."

Thanks Sarah :)

message 37: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I want to kick myself... I forgot my Kindle charger at my mom's place...

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati wrote: "I want to kick myself... I forgot my Kindle charger at my mom's place..."

Uh oh.... I'd be going right back for it. Well, technically no because I have more than one but if I only had the one I would have to because I'm never without my Kindle. LOL

message 39: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I have two chargers. And both them are at my mother's. And it's an hour drive each way *sighs* guess I'll have to make do with my computer when the Kindle battery dies

message 40: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati wrote: "I have two chargers. And both them are at my mother's. And it's an hour drive each way *sighs* guess I'll have to make do with my computer when the Kindle battery dies"

Can you use the app on your phone?

message 41: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments there's that too, though I don't have it installed at the moment

message 42: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I just use a basic USB phone charger for my Kindle :)

message 43: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "I just use a basic USB phone charger for my Kindle :)"

I'm missing the cable...

message 44: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments My phone charger definitely wouldn't fit my Kindle, would be nice if they would though instead of keeping track of different ones.

message 45: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Carrie wrote: "My phone charger definitely wouldn't fit my Kindle, would be nice if they would though instead of keeping track of different ones."

right?

I have way too many chargers to keep track of...

message 46: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments crisis averted!

Went out for lunch and got a cable, now my Kindle is charging :)

message 47: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Book #2 done and posted!

message 48: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85691 comments Mod
Hello Team January, I have heard back from Jennifer, and she would love to join your team ☺ I'll sort out the move now, I think she's posted 3 reviews on the solo review thread, so those points will be transferred over to your team ☺

Thanks x

message 49: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I should finish my second book tonight, before bed :)

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Hello everyone! I'm checking in, and happy to be joining you.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.