YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team April (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Sep 07, 2018 10:21AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Team April:

Clephiro
Melanie
Megan
Lara
Ritika
Julie
Vanessa

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments **

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Checking in! If anyone wants to buddy read any books on my TBR, just let me know. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Almost all of team Fortune is on this team. :P

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Almost all of team Fortune is on this team. :P"

Crazy, isn't it?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Melanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Almost all of team Fortune is on this team. :P"

Crazy, isn't it?"

A little but there are also only three serious teams. :P

message 7: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Aug 24, 2018 10:40AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Oops four, so it is a bit crazier. lol.

message 8: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments hiya

message 9: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments Checking in. =)

message 10: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Heya! :)
Just checking in :D

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Checking in. :)

message 12: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Yay, April is my favourite month!!

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments And I think I was the last to check in, so we're all here now :D

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Yes. :) We are all checked in. I will update the first post when I get on a computer.

message 15: by Linaria (last edited Aug 27, 2018 06:50AM) (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments I'm trying to figure out my Sept reads, in case any of you want to BR. I think I'm definitely doing the following, but I'll edit more in when I figure them out:

A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1) by Zoraida Córdova Bruja Born (Brooklyn Brujas, #2) by Zoraida Córdova Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab The Shadowglass (The Bone Witch, #3) by Rin Chupeco Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco Treacherous Is the Night (Verity Kent, #2) by Anna Lee Huber The Caged Queen (Iskari, #2) by Kristen Ciccarelli Give the Dark My Love (Give the Dark My Love, #1) by Beth Revis A Blade So Black by L.L. McKinney

message 16: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Clephiro wrote: "I'm trying to figure out my Sept reads, in case any of you want to BR. I think I'm definitely doing the following, but I'll edit more in when I figure them out:

[bookcover:A Gathering of Shadows|2..."

I can read Vengeful and at least Labyrinth Lost with you :)

message 17: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments Sounds great!

message 18: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Next month is going to be interesting for me. I keep signing up for different team challenges that all require one book a week. Hopefully the same book will fit all or most of them

message 19: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments Here is my TBR for September:

Buddy Reads:
A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4) by Alexandra Bracken Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Nightblood (Frostblood Saga, #3) by Elly Blake Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1) by Annette Marie Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone, #2) by Annette Marie Yield the Night (Steel & Stone, #3) by Annette Marie Reap the Shadows (Steel & Stone, #4) by Annette Marie Unleash the Storm (Steel & Stone, #5) by Annette Marie Steel & Stone Companion Collection (Steel & Stone, #6) by Annette Marie

And I still need buddies for these if anyone is interested:
The Undelightened (The Undelightened, #1) by Bentz Deyo The Nethergrim (The Nethergrim, #1) by Matthew Jobin The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2) by Alison Goodman City in Embers (Collector, #1) by Stacey Marie Brown

message 20: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments @Clephiro - I think that I mentioned this on the buddy read thread, but I am starting A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab today and then will continue with A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab . There is a series buddy read thread here if you want to join us. =)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 21: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments Finished my first book. Will post a review later today.

message 22: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I posted my first book which was for page points

message 23: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments Vanessa wrote: "@Clephiro - I think that I mentioned this on the buddy read thread, but I am starting A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab today and then will continue with [bookcover:A Conjuring of Light|2..."

i WILL START SOON!

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Finished and posted my first book. Reading a few others now. 😊

message 25: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments TBH I'm pretty bad with writing reviews. I promise I read around a book a day, but I'll likely write reviews in batches.

message 26: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments I'm off to a suuuuuper slooooow start this month, but I will be reading books I promise!!

message 27: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments I finished my first book too! Imma post reviews when I'm at like 3 or 4! It's been a slow start for me too!!

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Lara wrote: "I'm off to a suuuuuper slooooow start this month, but I will be reading books I promise!!"

I'm off to a slow start too.

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm surprised that I'm not in a slump, after last month, but I'm still really into reading. :)

Finished and posted three books so far.
I'm currently listening to Distortion (Moonlighters, #2) by Terri Blackstock . I'm also reading: Flirtation Walk by Siri Mitchell Breaking the Fear Cycle How to Find Peace for Your Anxious Heart by Maria Furlough With Love, Wherever You Are by Dandi Daley Mackall

message 30: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments I just posted my reviews for Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1) by Annette Marie and Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone, #2) by Annette Marie and I still have a review to write for A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab so I will post that one over the next few days. =)

message 31: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Just finished my first book for the month!! Slumping hard, but I'm dong a Harry Potter reread which should get me through. Will post review hopefully soon :)

message 32: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I realized that I’m not going to get to 12 books this month. I am going to switch to a fun team

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85693 comments Mod
Hello Team April, just to confirm that Slytherpuff has moved to a fun team, so I will be looking for a replacement for you ☺

message 34: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85693 comments Mod
Hello Team April, just to let you know that Julie will be joining your team to replace Slytherpuff. I'll move her points over to your thread later today ☺

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Hi Team April :)

message 36: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Julie wrote: "Hi Team April :)"

HELLOOOOOOO!!!

message 37: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments I have three books that I need to post reviews for, I'm so sorry for being so slow guys! I will speed up as soon as I emerge from my slump, hopefully soon!

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments I finished a book this morning and posted a review, can I add it to the review-thread or should I wait till my points are moved here?

message 39: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments I think you should post the new one, I doubt it will be problem :)

message 40: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Welcome Julie!

message 41: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Hoping to finish one of my books today.

message 42: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Hi Julie!

message 43: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments Hiya, I have a pile of books to review this weekend, so I should be back on track then.

message 44: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm working on several books. Hoping to finish more soon.

message 45: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I finished and posted a book.

Working on an audiobook, a nonfiction, and a kindle eBook. Hoping to finish two of those by tomorrow.

message 46: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments I have about 5 reviews going up later today! Sorry it took me so long, been realllllly slumpy this month!

message 47: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Ritika wrote: "I have about 5 reviews going up later today! Sorry it took me so long, been realllllly slumpy this month!"

Same!!

message 48: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments I'm sorry I haven't been a great team member so far guys, but my reading will definitely pick up!! (Hopefully soon!)

message 49: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Finished a book and am close to finishing another, will try to get the reviews posted soon. Sorry for having such a slow start.

message 50: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Going to try and get my reviews posted today.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.