YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team February (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,743 (1743 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 34 35

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Aug 26, 2018 02:02PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Team February:
Tiera ✔
Maddison ✔
Jenn ✔
Sharon ✔
Natalie ✔
Bookbuyer ✔
Sierra ✔

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Hi team!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments So I know everyone on this team but Tiera. :)

Hi Tiera! Nice to meet you! ^-^

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Hello!! :D

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Hello!! :D"

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 6: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Just popping in. I requested to be on this team. Guess that just means more compettion

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Hello!! :D"

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Heeeeyyyy!! You ready!?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Hello!! :D"

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Heeeeyyyy!! You ready!?"

I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got all my books for September! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

message 9: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Me too!! Ive been talking to Natalie anout some buddy reads! And i think i know everyone but jenn and tiera i think sharon is the one currently on my team, i could be wrong though

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Me too!! Ive been talking to Natalie anout some buddy reads! And i think i know everyone but jenn and tiera i think sharon is the one currently on my team, i could be wrong though"

I think there is only one Sharon. At least that is active so I'm pretty sure it's the Sharon on your team. :)

message 11: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Oh that's cool! Im worried about doing one of these challenges and a new Sierra comes and i end up getting confused lol

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Oh that's cool! Im worried about doing one of these challenges and a new Sierra comes and i end up getting confused lol"

That's why I love about my username. It's unique in this group. :P

If that happened you could always add on to your username. Plus when there are more than one member with the same name at the same level Sarah puts the link to the profiles. :)

message 13: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Oh cool lol i should just add my gamer name lol

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Oh cool lol i should just add my gamer name lol"

You could if you wanted too. lol. ^-^

message 15: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I love my username too. I love yours too. It's perfect for Goodreads

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "I love my username too. I love yours too. It's perfect for Goodreads"

Thank you.

message 17: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48915 comments Mod
HIHI!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am for next month!!!! Unfortunately I'm working 7.5hr on the 1st and 2hr on the 2nd, and then uni comes back on the 3rd and I have a test on the 4th and an assignment due on the 14th. Buuuut I'll still listen [to audios] my ass off XD

I don't know Tiera either. Keen to get to meet her though!

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Maddison wrote: "HIHI!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am for next month!!!! Unfortunately I'm working 7.5hr on the 1st and 2hr on the 2nd, and then uni comes back on the 3rd and I have a test on the 4th and..."

Audios ftw!

message 19: by Maddie (new)

Oh heck yeah!

I actually think we've got a chance next month btw! We could do this! I do have a lot of physicals to read, but I'm not hopeful about them at all XD

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh heck yeah!

I actually think we've got a chance next month btw! We could do this! I do have a lot of physicals to read, but I'm not hopeful about them at all XD"

I'm hoping to do all BRs next month. I have several already tentatively planned with most of you. :P

message 21: by Maddie (new)

Oh yay!! That's what I like to hear!

All my books will be BRs too because there's no requirements, not like this month, so no need for random audios.

My plans (wish I could take a photo of my planner:/):
Physicals left over from this month:
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Siege and Storm (Grisha Verse, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas (so there's all my physicals for the month set. October's seriously got to be a ToG month for me. Need to get them read by KoA release)

Plan:
1st The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith physical Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
2nd Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
3rd Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud physical City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare
6th The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
8th My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma
11th Hold Still (can't remember what the cover looks like) The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass series
12th Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1) by Jodi Meadows physical
13th My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
16th Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase
18th Joyland by Stephen King
21st Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1) by B.N. Toler maybe that cover, maybe different The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
23rd Mercy by Jodi Picoult
26th A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

message 22: by Maddie (new)

Sorry that took so long :/

I've gotta head off to work in 15 minutes. I just wanna stay and chat!

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments My shelf for September is this https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

But it will depend on how many I finish from August.

I wish you could! I'm bored and I'll probably be asleep when you get back. :(

message 24: by Maddie (new)

Oh you will be XD I get back home in 8.5 hours haha.

If I have any spare time from my audios (which I doubt I will) I'll find one from your list to listen to. But if I ever finish an audio early, I'll be starting the next one on my list, as I've got a lot on the same day and that's stressful, particularly with uni. So I'll see what happens.

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh you will be XD I get back home in 8.5 hours haha.

If I have any spare time from my audios (which I doubt I will) I'll find one from your list to listen to. But if I ever finish an audio early, ..."

O.o I will definitely be asleep then. I'm currently on a day schedule.

That's fine.

message 26: by Maddie (new)

I'm also meant to be reading ToG 3 and 4, so that next month I can read 5 and 6 and 7 as soon as it releases. That's something I'm definitely doing though. I AM READING KOA AS SOON AS I GET IT. I told myself that with War Storm, still haven't read King's Cage :/ I might try listen to that audio because the physical was so boring and took me too long. At least the audio wouldn't take me more than 3 days.

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Maddison wrote: "I'm also meant to be reading ToG 3 and 4, so that next month I can read 5 and 6 and 7 as soon as it releases. That's something I'm definitely doing though. I AM READING KOA AS SOON AS I GET IT. I t..."

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas is super long. Over 1000 pages! I wonder how long the audio will be like 24 hours???

message 28: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Oh heck yeah!

I actually think we've got a chance next month btw! We could do this! I do have a lot of physicals to read, but I'm not hopeful about them at all XD"

I'm hoping to ..."

oh i have A LOT of BRs planned. im staying up like all night one the first just to try and get like 2 or 3 books down

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Oh yay! I love that motivation Sierra <3

I would stay up and read, but I'm probably going to stay up and study for this dumb test :/

Yeah I'm so keen for KoA XD I've got a pre-order box.

Right I'm off to work :/ I'll talk on my breaks though! See you in 2ish hours.

message 30: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments ill link my doc when I get time later I still need to add books to it

message 31: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Oh heck yeah!

I actually think we've got a chance next month btw! We could do this! I do have a lot of physicals to read, but I'm not hopeful about them at all X..."

Same. I always tell my mom not to plan anything around the end/beginning of the month so I can go crazy. :)

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh yay! I love that motivation Sierra <3

I would stay up and read, but I'm probably going to stay up and study for this dumb test :/

Right I..."

See ya! ^-^

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "ill link my doc when I get time later I still need to add books to it"

Doc? Do you plan your books on something like Microsoft Word? :)

message 34: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments I just started to plan on Microsoft this month, I need to add the dates and all to the BRs and I have stuff highlighted colors so I know what I need to read and stuff, but I also have to wait because what I don't read this month will def be worked into next month somehow

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "I just started to plan on Microsoft this month, I need to add the dates and all to the BRs and I have stuff highlighted colors so I know what I need to read and stuff, but I also have to wait becau..."

Ah KK. I use one note for that. Love it. :)

message 36: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "I just started to plan on Microsoft this month, I need to add the dates and all to the BRs and I have stuff highlighted colors so I know what I need to read and stuff, but I also hav..."

i already have enough sticky notes saying where I need to get the books from I SO don't need more LOL

message 37: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments im having a brain fart, so trying to explain all this to my bf LOL is the highest page could points 6? like if you read a 1000 plus page books its only 6 points right or does it go higher?

message 38: by Sierra (last edited Aug 24, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh yay! I love that motivation Sierra <3

Right I..."

<3 another reason why im staying up late is to try and read the day in books, like since there is 30 days in september i want to try and read 30 books, and another reason is so when i get more books and my family goes "dont you have enough? have you read all your books?" i could say why, yes I have OR i can be like I only have (insert book number) of books to read.
Plus its soooooo nice having buddy reads since I don't have any friends that read like me so I cant just rant or anything

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "I just started to plan on Microsoft this month, I need to add the dates and all to the BRs and I have stuff highlighted colors so I know what I need to read and stu..."

One Note is a program on the computer - http://www.onenote.com/?404&public=1

message 40: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "im having a brain fart, so trying to explain all this to my bf LOL is the highest page could points 6? like if you read a 1000 plus page books its only 6 points right or does it go higher?"

6 points is the cap. But you get 12 with a br so technically 12 points is the cap. :)

message 41: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Oh yay! I love that motivation Sierra <3

Yeah I'm so keen for KoA XD I've got a pre-or..."

Same. ^-^

message 42: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Oh nice I may look into that and alright. he was like why read a 1000 page book if you only get 6 and I was like really you are asking me this? LOL

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Oh nice I may look into that and alright. he was like why read a 1000 page book if you only get 6 and I was like really you are asking me this? LOL"

lol. Because we can and I love long books! :P

message 44: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Just want to warn you guys now my B-day is in September. Its on the 19th so is I am missing on the 18-20 or even that weekend that's why, but don't worry when im not busy during that time I will be reading or audiobooking!

message 45: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Just want to warn you guys now my B-day is in September. Its on the 19th so is I am missing on the 18-20 or even that weekend that's why, but don't worry when im not busy during that time I will be..."

Happy early B-day! :D

message 46: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Oh nice I may look into that and alright. he was like why read a 1000 page book if you only get 6 and I was like really you are asking me this? LOL"

lol. Because we can and I love l..."

yes we can! lol

message 47: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Just want to warn you guys now my B-day is in September. Its on the 19th so is I am missing on the 18-20 or even that weekend that's why, but don't worry when im not busy during that..."

Thank you! :D

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Just want to warn you guys now my B-day is in September. Its on the 19th so is I am missing on the 18-20 or even that weekend that's why, but don't worry when im no..."

^-^

message 49: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments I have a feeling our chat is just going to be blowing up left and right lol

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Sierra wrote: "I have a feeling our chat is just going to be blowing up left and right lol"

Yup! We'll be the chattiest team this month guaranteed.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 34 35
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.