International Book Club discussion

1 view
Paige's Book Progress > The Shining

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

Paige (iampaigeb) | 700 comments Mod
So picked up a Stephen King classic for my next read. I already get a creepy feeling from it. Gonna love this.

message 2: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

what is wrong with jack?

message 3: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

this so far is not a bad piece of literature. i put 58% done on goodreads because I have a volume book of stephen king books. so going by the math of pages I have left to complete of the shining. but enjoying this alot. not really scare but maybe I am just used to these books

message 4: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILERS.

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

I have always loved Stephen King books. More than others sometimes. The Shining is going to be added to one of those keepers for Stephen King. I did find it slow at the start and wondered how could this be considered one of the best King books ever made. Also though there was something that told me to keep going, to push on, to see of they survive.

I love how it was supernatural but also psychological as well. You can really see how The Overlook Hotel can control ones mind, to make you feel isolated, and that you are never alone. How Jack lost his marbles but also didn't because he still loved his son. Still had some sanity before The Manager took him completely over. You see how this five year old boy has to cope with it all by himself because he has The Shine and his parents do not. That he tries to warn them but they only listened when it was already to late. Pretty sure the hotel was demonic to. That it was not ghosts but something more. I absolutely loved it because it grips you and pulls you in. You can really feel the experience and thought process of each characters. 5 stars. 5. Stars.

message 5: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILERS.

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

I have always loved Stephen King books. More than others sometimes. The Shining is going to be added to one of those keepers for Stephen King. I did find it slow at the start and wondered how could this be considered one of the best King books ever made. Also though there was something that told me to keep going, to push on, to see of they survive.

I love how it was supernatural but also psychological as well. You can really see how The Overlook Hotel can control ones mind, to make you feel isolated, and that you are never alone. How Jack lost his marbles but also didn't because he still loved his son. Still had some sanity before The Manager took him completely over. You see how this five year old boy has to cope with it all by himself because he has The Shine and his parents do not. That he tries to warn them but they only listened when it was already to late. Pretty sure the hotel was demonic to. That it was not ghosts but something more. I absolutely loved it because it grips you and pulls you in. You can really feel the experience and thought process of each characters. 5 stars. 5. Stars.