Play Book Tag discussion

The Underground Railroad
This topic is about The Underground Railroad
Archive: Other Books > The Underground Railroad/Colson Whitehead/4.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments Colson Whitehead is an amazing writer. He immerses readers into his tale with beautiful language that explains details without being too much. This story was a clever way to insert some "what if" into the terrible tragedies experienced under the banner of slavery. I think it's important we're reminded of what we have done to one another and in some ways still do.

My only nit-picking critique would be the pacing. Sometimes the story lagged and I felt it ended somewhat abruptly. Otherwise, a brilliant book. 4.5 stars!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This book seems to get some really good reviews. I have not read any of Colson Whitehead's books but I just looked into them. Where have I been? My goodness, he has many. When you say amazing writer my ears perked up.:) Good review.

message 3: by Jeremiah (new) - added it

Jeremiah Cunningham | 717 comments Its really a sad statement, but I read your review and thought I need to add this to my TBR list. So I click on it only to find that I already have it on my list. Well, it will stay there and maybe eventually make my actual reading list.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8434 comments J.W. wrote: "Its really a sad statement, but I read your review and thought I need to add this to my TBR list. So I click on it only to find that I already have it on my list. Well, it will stay there and maybe..."

Lol-that happens to me a lot!