What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Widowed husband moves back home with his daughter

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy  Daugherty | 16 comments Possible SPOILERS
I can’t remember much about it it’s not historical it’s set in today’s time. He needs someone to watch his daughter I believes he may work in a bar and the girl is young 18 I think she moves in with them and her parents say the town is talking how it doesn’t look good and maybe kick her out of their home. He decides to marry her in name only at first so people stop gossiping but they do fall in love

message 3: by Amber (Daisymau) (last edited Aug 24, 2018 04:26PM) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1428 comments I vaguely remember reading the book. I seem to remember that he had two children and I think the ex-wife was a real b*tch and was always fighting with him. I can't remember how she died. I do remember that the heroine was shopping with I believe her mother and was seriously injured in an accident.

Forgot to add that he was an lawyer.

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy  Daugherty | 16 comments I checked on this book it’s not it I didn’t know if I was suppose to respond if people made suggestions about a book because of bumping thank you

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Yes, you’re supposed to respond when people suggest books.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Someone Like You Someone Like You by Susan Sawyer fits a bit.

How many years ago did you read this?
Location story takes place?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

message 7: by Joy (last edited Aug 29, 2018 09:08PM) (new)

Joy  Daugherty | 16 comments How many years ago did you read this? 2-3 years ago
Location story takes place? I can’t remember I just know he mo Ed back home I believe he worked in a bar
Part of a series? No
Anything about the cover?" I’ve tried and can’t remember I’m sorry
Thank you but that’s not the book either she’s still a young girl who lives at home

message 8: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments Bump

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Someone Like You (other topics)
The Older Man (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laurey Bright (other topics)