What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Travel fiction genre. Young British male backpacker goes to Thai island and falls in love with a girl who works on the beach.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 1 comments Hi guys,

This book was published (and printed not just e-book) in the 00s or the 90s at the earliest, in English. Author is male (I think). I personally read the book in Thailand in 2011.

Here is a quote from the book

"Ben enjoyed himself more at [name of bar/club] than he ever had in a club back home. This was the place to be, by the sea and in the open air, with people from all over the world mixing easily, enjoying freedom and warmth. He was with the ones he liked the best, these children of Isaan with their innocent sense of fun, joyfully embracing the global culture of music and dance."

Thanks

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Hi!
It's Thai Girl by Andrew Hicks. I looked it up on Google Books and your quote is there:
"Ben enjoyed himself more at the Meridian that he ever had at university or some dingy Brighton club. This was the place to be, by the sea and in the open air, with people from all over the world mixing easily, enjoying freedom and warmth [...]"
https://books.google.com/books?id=ObG...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Thai Girl (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Andrew Hicks (other topics)