Perustopia Book Club discussion

DNF?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Leonard (amyleonard) | 11 comments At what point do you decide to just stop trying to finish a book. I have fought through many books just because I think I have to finish no matter what. When do you decide to cut your loses?

message 2: by William (new)

William Holden (bookenthusiast3) | 13 comments I've never had to DNF a book I've put books aside for a later date

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison C (spellboundreader) | 15 comments If I make it to page 150 and I just don't care about the plot or characters, or if I just hate what I am reading, I will DNF it.

Idk thought. Sometimes I am reading a book and I just know that now isn't the time to read it and will put it down for a later date.

But if I can't stand what I am reading, I have NO problem DNFing a book.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreaxsanz) Evermore 🙄It was terrible

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (cdreads) | 12 comments Spinning Silver

message 6: by Allison (new)

message 7: by Reian'sReads (new)

Reian'sReads (reee_yan) | 10 comments The List by Siobhan Vivian

message 8: by Reian'sReads (new)

Reian'sReads (reee_yan) | 10 comments I would DNF it if I really just don't care about the characters or plot anymore.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

When you find yourself uninterested in what is happening in the book. Or if you can't connect with the characters.

message 10: by Shawna (new)

Shawna Finnigan (sugoishawn) | 102 comments I DNF a book when I realize that it's negatively effecting my mental health to keep on reading it (it's too triggering, it's making me paranoid, etc.)