Play Book Tag discussion

I'll Be Your Blue Sky (Love Walked In, #3)
This topic is about I'll Be Your Blue Sky
Archive: Other Books > I'll be your blue sky - Marissa de los Santos, 3.5

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy | 9341 comments A standard 3.5. I enjoyed it, but its not a not to be missed.

In all fairness, I must say that I read Love Walked In and You Belong To Me, years ago. I think at the time, I didn't even know they were connected. So to revisit these characters was not the nostalgia honeymoon others might have experienced. Reading the amount that I do, many things are long forgotten, except that I remember loving both books, and I have the vague memory of Claire and Cornelia, and a Cancer loss. Its a plug for getting through trilogies with quicker speed than I have done in the past.

But onto this one. Dual perspective at different times about 50 years apart. Both storylines contain a love story, and lots of conflict and difficult choices. At least in the older timeline. The characters were likable enough, but not to stick for forever. Everything unfolded as pretty much expected, though the book didn't really take off until page 135 or so. Almost halfway there. There is a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. By that time I was just enjoying the ride. Now onto Love and Ruin, by Paula Maclain.

message 2: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl  (cherylllr) I'm in the same position you were... I enjoyed those earlier two, but didn't read them close together, and somehow forgot to pay attention to the author's new books. So, now I have to decide whether to read this or not.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

In the past I have waiting too long to read one last book in a trilogy or a series and I have struggled. There is merit to reading them quicker.
I hope you like Love and Ruin and I'm looking forward to your review as I have this on my TBR.

Karin | 7463 comments Rachel wrote: "In the past I have waiting too long to read one last book in a trilogy or a series and I have struggled. There is merit to reading them quicker.
I hope you like Love and Ruin and I'm looking forwa..."

I read the first two books before there was a 3rd; I think I may have read the 2nd when it was new. I hope I'm not disappointed when I get to this book.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy | 9341 comments Nicole loved it! Her review was much more of a rave than mine. But she really connected with this family of characters. For me it was more blind. Which probably made it slightly less special than her experience. There were things to love about it, the seamless love relationships bring at the forefront.

Karin | 7463 comments Amy wrote: "Nicole loved it! Her review was much more of a rave than mine. But she really connected with this family of characters. For me it was more blind. Which probably made it slightly less special than h..."

Good to know-thanks!

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I did love it. There were a few minor things that irked me, but I love this author’s writing. They are also very good on audio, which likely contributed to my enjoyment.