Play Book Tag discussion

The Almost Sisters
This topic is about The Almost Sisters
Archive: Other Books > The Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2331 comments Leia is a 38-year-old graphic novelist who had a little too much to drink at a comic convention and ended up in bed with a handsome Batman. Amidst learning that her beloved grandmother Birchie is suffering from advanced demential and that her sister Rachel's marriage has just hit the rocks, Leia finds that she is pregnant. She is actually happy about her condition but the other problems in her life have to take priority. Leia, with her 13-year-old niece Lavender in tow, heads to Birchie's Alabbama home to help try to convince her grandmother it is time to move out of her old Victorian. Birchie, aided by her longtime friend Wattie, refuses to leave and Wattie insists that the two of them are just fine living together with no outside help. Leia is unconvinced of the elderly ladies' abilities to remain in the house and when an old trunk from the attic reveals a deep-hidden secret, she fears for her grandmother's safety and sanity.

Well, this is a tough one. I have always enjoyed Jackson's books and while I didn't dislike this one, it definitely is not on my list of favorites. I listened to the audio read by the author and she always does a great job performing her novels but this one just didn't grab me. I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems too odd in the story. The reveal at the end was quite good, though.

Nicole D. | 1497 comments agree, this one did nothing for me