Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

News In the Whoniverse > Wheel in Space

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments So I just saw that Amazon is listing this as an upcoming new release. The website I used to get my information from is gone. Has anyone heard anything?

message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments This is one of the old B&W Patrick Troughton arcs that was mostly lost, just FYI in case there's a question.

message 3: by Lori S. (last edited Aug 23, 2018 02:37PM) (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 606 comments Mod
You might keep an eye on this page: http://www.timelash.com/tardis/items....
I don't see Wheel in Space though.

I love the TARDIS Library site.

[EtA]: I find it interesting that you can pre-order Season/Series 11 DW already, so maybe this won't be out until next year?

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Yeah, the 11th season is kind of expensive. I'm waiting for it to come down a bit before I order it.

I know the Undersea Menace was listed a long time before it came out. And very little details available. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I just got the last arc from the Troughton years that I needed, so I've got everything of his that's available on video.

message 5: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1544 comments I've been doing a huge Who rematch through the magic of netflix.
Made it through Pertwee, but so happy that I'm going to have to backtrack to troughton with these restorations showing up.

Troughton has gone from the Doctor I knew the least about to one of my favorites.

message 6: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Yeah, Troughton is probably my favorite of the "classic" Doctors. And I adore Jamie, so there's that too. I love the bit in Tomb of the Cybermen when they walk in hand-in-hand, both "thinking" they've picked up Victoria's hand. LOL Yeah I don't buy that pretense in the slightest. :D

Of the "classic" Doctors the only two I've got complete runs of are Troughton and Davison. I only need two Hartnell's, one C Baker, and three McCoy's. I still need five Pertwee's and seven T Bakers though. I don't think of McGann as a "classic" Doctor, but as the transitional Doctor.

message 7: by Lori S. (last edited Aug 26, 2018 11:08AM) (new)

Yet, he's classed as a Classic Doctor. However, I quite agree on transitional. His books and audios have added to his continuity a lot.

message 8: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1544 comments Since there is such a big gap between Doctors 8 and 9, I tend to put him with the classic Doctors.

message 9: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Lori S. wrote: "Yet, he's classed as a Classic Doctor. However, I quite agree on transitional. His books and audios have added to his continuity a lot."

Yeah, I've enjoyed the ones I've heard.

message 10: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Travis wrote: "Since there is such a big gap between Doctors 8 and 9, I tend to put him with the classic Doctors."

I talk about him in the same way I do about the Doctors of the classic series, but I think of him as one of the new Doctors - hence the transitional Doctor. ;)

message 11: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Well, I just ordered a copy of Wheel in Space with no idea when it's going to actually be released. I'm such a Whovian. :)

message 12: by Lori S. (new)

Rick wrote: "Well, I just ordered a copy of Wheel in Space with no idea when it's going to actually be released. I'm such a Whovian. :)"

message 13: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Amazon canceled my order for Wheel of Space. It’s still available for pre-order, so I’m not really sure exactly why they canceled the order.

They’ve also got the first season with Sylvester McCoy on Blu-ray available for pre-order. I’ll wait a bit and see if the price goes down, but I’ve been getting these new Blu-ray season sets as they’re being released. They take up a lot less shelf space.

message 14: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1544 comments watched Wheel in space on britbox.
There version had the surviving footage and the rest was tele snaps.

Not a huge fan of that. Prefer the animation.

Otherwise, a really good story. Good cast, like the setting and the Cybermen are suitably menacing.
Plus, first appearance of Zoe!
Love her! Great character.
She and Jamie are my favorite Troughton companions duo and Wendy Padbury is just unbelievably cute.

message 15: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1411 comments Travis wrote: "watched Wheel in space on britbox.
There version had the surviving footage and the rest was tele snaps. Not a huge fan of that. Prefer the animation. ..."

Yes, I prefer the animation as well. I’m hoping the supposed DVD release will be animated, but that’s not been listed.