What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The First Time I Said Goodbye
This topic is about The First Time I Said Goodbye
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction love story. Irish woman living in America returns to Ireland to find her old soldier fiance. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siobhán (new)

Siobhán Mac Comhaill | 2 comments I read this book very recently. Not sure if it was on kindle or paperback. An irish lady who lives in america returns to ireland after her husband dies. The book tells the story of how she fell in love with a soldier and they were due to move away together but her father dies so she stays with her mother to help her take care of her siblings. She eventually remarries. When she returns to ireland there is an dance on for the soldiers so she goes to the dance to reunite with him. Her daughter is with her in ireland and she loves it. She stays with her gay cousin who owns a vintage clothes store.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
The First Time I Said Goodbye by Claire Allan?

Siobhán, what's the time period of the story? Does her American? husband die in battle (which war)?

message 3: by Siobhán (new)

Siobhán Mac Comhaill | 2 comments Hi kris. I should have updated this. The book is the first time I said goodbye. Really good book.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Siobhán. Thanks for the update.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The First Time I Said Goodbye (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Claire Allan (other topics)