What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance: Childhood friends, reunite after her family money is gone and she's left to work in a stable cleaning out stalls, until he finds her

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by dana shaw (new)

dana shaw | 2 comments Newbie, not sure I'm posting my inquiry correctly

I read this book about 25 years ago and I'm not sure when the book was published.

it may have been part of an Ecstasy line with a romance publisher, I think it was between 300 and 400 pages.

The book is about a young woman who grew up with a wealth who was in her 20's and somehow her family lost their money. I believe she was an only child and her parents were deceased. Her long time childhood friend tracks her down and finds her working in a barn. Her hair and nails are a mess and he's irritated that she didn't ask him for help. They've both been attracted to the other for years, yet never acted on their feeling. He drags her back to their hometown and helps her find a place to live, possibly with him or his sister, I can't remember.him. He's on a boat that blows up and is floating in the sea for hours. They visit a family home w/ a name like 10 oaks or something like that. Stay for the weekend, as he gets into his sports car, she is telling the hostess goodbye, he forgets something, gets out the car and then it blows up and the hood fly's off and knocks her down. Soon after they catch the person and they end up declaring their love for each other.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Dana, what's the time period and location (country, region, smal town/big city = her hometown)?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the hero - his job/skills/interests, rich/poor, how he tracks her down, etc.?

message 3: by dana shaw (last edited Sep 14, 2018 11:11AM) (new)

dana shaw | 2 comments If I recall it was in the southern region of the country. Near water but, the characters did not live on the beach. want to think the Carolina's but it wasn't near a beach. It was a romance/suspense story, set in the late 80's earlier 90's. I know it was pretty mild overall in the sex area, there was not any crude language but maybe a few cush words and I can't remember if they were intimate. One random but relatively detailed part of the book. The lead female was working in a stable and she was bemoaning her current financial situation and the fact that she was almost or used the last of her high-end moisturizer than morning getting ready and it was one more reminder that her life had changed drastically. Another random recollection after the boat blew up that he was one in his suit, he spent the night floating at sea until he was rescued and the fish had nibbled at his suit. The hero was rich, I can't remember what his specific job was, but he was a businessman of some sort. He was easygoing friendly but not heartless or ruthless. I don't remember how he tracked her down.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 14, 2018 03:08PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
Dana Shaw do you remember who it was that was trying to kill the H? And why? That might stick in someone's mind, so you do need to put in details like that. This group allows spoilers as long as we are warned that it's coming. You can warn by either:

1) typing the words SPOILERS BELOW (in all caps. This is viewed as either shouting or a warning of something coming. Then hit enter key 6 or 7 times and enter your spoiler.

2) using the HTML spoiler hider which is found in the upper right outside corner of the comment box. To find out how to use that (view spoiler) Simple, yes?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Dana Shaw, are you still looking for this or did you find it?