Presidential Biographies discussion

Leadership: In Turbulent Times
This topic is about Leadership
General Discussion > Goodreads Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elyse (sjpeachy) | 13 comments I've entered a lot of Goodreads Giveaways with no results. To my surprise I just won an ARC copy of Leadership by Doris Kearns Goodwin. I'll need to postpone reading Grant again for awhile. I understand that part of the "agreement" of entering is to read the book in a timely fashion and then review it on Goodreads to help generate interest. I'll be glad to do this for Mrs. Goodwin.

Alisa (mstaz) | 3 comments That's a quality giveaway win! She is doing a tour with the release of this book, and I am going to hear her speak on Oct 1 when I will also get the book. Look forward to your review!

message 3: by Houston (new)

Houston (hc3baby) | 9 comments That’s so cool that you won that book! How do I make sure not to miss any giveaways?! I’m new to goodreads & just realized that they’re a thing!

Elyse (sjpeachy) | 13 comments Houston wrote: "That’s so cool that you won that book!"

Hi Houston - Go to the top of the Goodreads page and click the header "Browse". The drop down arrow shows "Giveaways". Click on that and proceed from there.

Sometimes I get an email from Goodreads saying that a book I have on my "To Read" list has a giveaway contest. Then I click on the link and it takes me directly to "Giveaways".

Good luck - I hope you win many books.

message 5: by Houston (new)

Houston (hc3baby) | 9 comments amazing!! Thank you so much, Elyse.

Have you won any books before?

message 6: by Houston (new)

Houston (hc3baby) | 9 comments Elyse, forgive me for asking that as I just remembered that's what started this whole conversation. Hope Goodwin's book rocks your socks off!

Elyse (sjpeachy) | 13 comments Houston wrote: "Elyse, forgive me for asking that as I just remembered that's what started this whole conversation. Hope Goodwin's book rocks your socks off!"

I read Goodwin's book back in 2018 and it was very good. That was the 1st book I won from a Goodreads Giveaway. In January 2020 I won a copy of Bill Marriott's biography by Dale Van Atta. I haven't started reading it yet.