Panther Book Club discussion

New Members Fall 2018

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

HPU.Learning.Commons | 21 comments Mod
This is a thread for new members to introduce themselves!

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie | 1 comments Hey! My name is Angie, and i'm a new freshman here at hpu from Massachusetts! i love to read and i'm so excited to be in a book club because it's always something that i've wanted to be in :)

message 3: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 1 comments Hi! My name is Evelyn and I'm a current freshman. I didn't have to travel far to come here since I am from Greensboro, NC. I enjoy reading but haven't had the time to read as much as I would like recently but I am excited to get back into the swing of reading more!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hello! My name is Sarah, and I’m a senior (aka. A little late to the game). I’m from Hudson, Ohio and am majoring in creative writing!

Favorite book from this year so far: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Really incredible world-building!

Fun fact: I had a spider living in my side mirror for about a month that traveled with me all the way from Ohio and survived raging heat and intense downpours. His name was Clyde.

message 5: by Chase (new)

Chase Hutchings (chasehutchings) | 1 comments Hey everyone! My name is Chase, I am a freshman. I am majoring in communitcations and minoring in photography. I can't wait to meet you all and be book nerds together!

HPU.Learning.Commons | 21 comments Mod
Welcome Angie, Evelyn, Sarah and Chase! Love the spider story--I bet it would make a cute picture book, haha.

We are going to get together in a couple of weeks to discuss our first book (The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.) I'll make a separate thread for posting thoughts on this book.

The senior members are looking at having meetings on Tuesdays at 4 this semester. Do any of you have schedule conflicts then?

message 7: by Suleyma (new)

Suleyma Torres | 1 comments Hello everyone my name is Suleyma Torres, I am a Junior, and I am majoring in Biology, and minoring in Psychology. Currently my fav. Book is When Breath Becomes air, the ending literally made me cry... I cannot wait to start reading The Hate U Give!