Knoxville Reddit Book Club discussion

First Meeting

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
So while the group is growing, do we want to meet up to get things started and figure out our first book? What are everyone's thoughts?

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments I'm absolutely up for this. I believe that figuring out a day and time would be the kicker. Unfortunately i work all weekend (every weekend), but any time during the week is great for me.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
What about a Thursday night?

message 4: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments works for me.

message 5: by Copes (new)

Copes | 7 comments Could we get an online survey/poll going to narrow down genre and dates available to meet?

message 6: by Jacob (last edited Aug 23, 2018 10:05AM) (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments Loading poll...

If the poll doesnt load, here is the direct link:
https://www.strawpoll.me/16322431

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
In addition to that I made this survey with some genre questions to figure out everyone's preferences! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BMBHHVF

message 8: by Devon (new)

Devon B | 3 comments Saw this group on reddit and would love to join in! I took the poll/survey, but and wanted to add that any night works for me, weeknights after 7 PM. 😊 I’m looking forward to this!

message 9: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments Welcome! I believe that everyone is pretty excited.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Do we want to plan to do an initial meeting this Thursday at 7 or 7:30?? Where would everyone want to meet?

message 11: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Wenzel (jrwenzel) | 1 comments I’ll be in Florida next week. I’m very interested in this group but I may have to be more of an online presence rather than in person. My work schedule is very hectic and irregular.

message 12: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments I believe 730 is a good time to meet. We could always meet somewhere like the bearden beer market if everyone is 21 and up

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Down with this if everyone else is!

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Joshua wrote: "I’ll be in Florida next week. I’m very interested in this group but I may have to be more of an online presence rather than in person. My work schedule is very hectic and irregular."

No worries! I’ll make sure our books get posted and you can just come when you can!

message 15: by Devon (new)

Devon B | 3 comments Thursday this week does not work for me 😭 I’m good any other night, or I can just catch the next meeting!

message 16: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Tomov | 1 comments I'll go ahead and toss out a suggestion..The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century, by Kirk Wallace Johnson...https://www.amazon.com/Feather-Thief-...
The case discussed in this book was also the subject of an amazing recent episode of This American Life: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/654/...
What do people think? Interested in anyone else's suggestions...

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Beverly wrote: "I'll go ahead and toss out a suggestion..The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century, by Kirk Wallace Johnson...https://www.amazon.com/Feather-Thief-......"
Thanks Beverly! I am making a list of books that we can potentially vote on to be our first official book. I will add this to the list. I also encourage everyone else to come to the first meeting with some suggestions!

message 18: by Copes (new)

Copes | 7 comments Can't make this Thursday either.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Do we want to plan to meet at the Bearden Beer Market on Thursday September 6th to kick things off? 7:30?

message 20: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments Sounds good to me!

message 21: by Copes (new)

Copes | 7 comments I can meet on the 6th

message 22: by Devon (new)

Devon B | 3 comments The 6th at 7:30 works for me!!

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Are we still on for tomorrow??? If so would y’all be able to do 5:30 or 6? I ended up getting tickets to Aziz Ansari which starts at 8

message 24: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments I’m still up for tomorrow. I don’t mind changing time, but we have had that time set for 2 weeks, so if other people aren’t able to change. We can still hold the group at 730 Pm and just update you on what books we choose

message 25: by Copes (new)

Copes | 7 comments what's the plan?

message 26: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments I’ll be there at 730

message 27: by Copes (new)

Copes | 7 comments Has anyone else confirmed they are going lol

message 28: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments Not that many people have been super active on goodreads, so we will see how many people show up for the first meeting :). I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I know some other people that want to come but got called in to work.

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 17 comments Mod
Yeah - I know I will be at the second one! Pick a good one for us y’all!

message 30: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hamby | 16 comments I can be found at center long tables, black TSM shirt :)