October - Where One Goes > Spoilers - Where One Goes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen (jenwesner) | 154 comments Mod
Let's talk spoilers!

message 2: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 10 comments Who’s the author

Lynn | 6 comments Just finished and I love this book. It is 1AM and had to stay up to finish. Sniper is awesome!

Keriann (kad123) Starting this today :)

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) | 33 comments Mod
Mom2triplets04 wrote: "Who’s the author"

The author is B N Toler.

Lynn wrote: "Just finished and I love this book. It is 1AM and had to stay up to finish. Sniper is awesome!"

Lynn I'm in love with Sniper too. I just went to B N Toler website and the sequel titled What Lies Between will be released on October 10th. I'll be getting my grabby hands on that ASAP!

Melinda | 10 comments I’m 1 hour in. Lol so far I like it. Listening to the audiobook

Keriann (kad123) OH MY...this novel got me straight in the heart!! I'm in love with Ike, this is a beautiful story! :)

Michael (triplettml) | 12 comments Started reading/listening to the book this morning and just finished. At first, I didn't think I was going to like the book. (view spoiler)But, I really like the story. Is this a series?

--Michael

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Marie | 26 comments Hi I think it’s part of a series

Michael wrote: "Started reading/listening to the book this morning and just finished. At first, I didn't think I was going to like the book. [spoilers removed]But, I really like the story. Is this a series?

--Mi..."

book one is a stand alone but there is a sequel coming out on Oct 10th that will follow the dead twin to the "after life". I can't wait to read it.

Keriann wrote: "OH MY...this novel got me straight in the heart!! I'm in love with Ike, this is a beautiful story! :)"

Keriann, I 100% agree!

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) Just finished this! I read it all today because every time I put it down I found myself thinking about the characters. Normally with love triangles there’s clearly one person I prefer over the other but in this one I really liked both brothers! I love how fiercely they both protected her and how they both loved her in their own ways. Great pick Jen!
I definitely want to read the sequel! Lisa, it’s about charlottes brother? Or Ike?

Chloe wrote: "Just finished this! I read it all today because every time I put it down I found myself thinking about the characters. Normally with love triangles there’s clearly one person I prefer over the othe..."

Hi Chloe! How is the beautiful baby? I think it's Ike story in the "after" life. I'm going to be reading it too. xo

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) She's great! She got her first 2 teeth this week and is scooting around everywhere! My baby is turning into a toddler and I'm kind of depressed about it haha.
Do you know if the book follows Ike?
Hope you're doing great!

Gaylene Peyatt | 12 comments I am only 1/4th of the way through the book and I LOVE IT!!!!

message 17: by June (new) - rated it 5 stars

June | 2 comments I finished this today and loved it so much. This novel gave me all the feelings.

Gaylene Peyatt | 12 comments I think this is one of my favorite books for 2018.

message 19: by Jen (last edited Oct 25, 2018 05:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finished this a couple of days ago, and I have to say that I wanted to like it a lot more than I did. I'm thinking 3.25 stars, rounded down to 3. I wonder if some of it was the narration. It (the narration) was good, but not stellar. Corey Snow (the guy) was just ok for me. His phrasing seemed off.

I loved the idea of this book, the way Ike saved Charlotte that first night. Ike was such a likable character, affable and honest. I love the way he viewed Charlotte with some amount of frustration over their situation, but also with a peaceful acceptance of it. The whole scene by the lake was wonderful. It was smart of Toler to give us that "happily ever after."

George was a bit of a contradiction for me. And Sniper - who didn't love Sniper? The narrators did a great job with his Irish accent.

My problems were minor, but the overall tone of the book seemed rushed. Things happened pretty fast. There was a fair amount of instalove and the relationship between Charlotte and George seemed to go from stand-offish to heated in way too short a time. The same felt true with Sniper - he accepted Ike's presence pretty quickly. I think my general feeling here is that Toler spent time on things that could have gone by the wayside, and didn't spend enough time developing other things. The book felt wide and shallow rather than narrow and deep. It didn't evoke the kind of heartfelt feelings that I wanted. I wanted more heart-wrenching from scenes like the ones with Ike's parents, with Sniper and certainly with George's goodbye to Ike. That said, I think had the story focused solely on George and Ike without any of the other dead people situations, it would have had more impact. I didn't need more than a sentence or two about anyone else other than Ike, at least beyond that first chapter.

So again, I wonder if narration was the problem here. I might have found the book more appropriately emotional for the story had I read it in print.

What did you all think?

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) Jen wrote: "I finished this a couple of days ago, and I have to say that I wanted to like it a lot more than I did. I'm thinking 3.25 stars, rounded down to 3. I wonder if some of it was the narration. It (the..."

I agree about the instalove and rushed parts. A little more time and emotions there would've helped connect me to the characters, especially knowing its a series.

message 21: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Has anyone picked up the sequel?

Michael (triplettml) | 12 comments I have not, but I have a compulsion to finish series. So, I’ll probably get it started at someone point.

Speaking of finishing series…I joined the romance package because Jen seemed to like it and the last few books we read were available through the package. However, I started a series and finished book three. When I go to start book four, I learn that the last four are not part of the package! Audible jerks. 😝 lol.

—Michael

message 23: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael wrote: "I have not, but I have a compulsion to finish series. So, I’ll probably get it started at someone point.

Speaking of finishing series…I joined the romance package because Jen seemed to like it an..."

SO ANNOYING. Even worse when they don't bother to put the whole series on audio - you get 1-2 books in and bam, that's it. There oughtta be a law . . .lol