Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

Beartown (Beartown, #1)
This topic is about Beartown
Beartown > Chapter 47-End

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This is the discussion thread for Chapters 47 to the end of Beartown. Please keep discussion to this section of the book. If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

message 2: by Anita Reads (last edited Sep 26, 2018 10:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita Reads | 10 comments Mod
I just finished it, and I'm so conflicted. On the one hand I've enjoyed reading this mostly. I think a lot of the characters were well written and it was an important topic.
I'm still unsure if I liked the ending or not. To me it was mostly just confusing. I ultimately ended up with 4.5 stars. I did have to reread the last 2 chapters to make that decision though.

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
I really struggled with the pacing of this book. I may not have enjoyed some of the characters but I do think they were well written. I agree it is an important topic and the story needs to be told. I think Backman did a pretty good job with handling it.
I did not find the ending very satisfying. I ended up rating this at 3 stars. I'm not sure if I'll pick up book two at this point.

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) I forgot there was a book 2! I'm curious-- how many people on here are planning to read book 2?
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to attend the live show at the new time spot but I'm really curious what everyone's overall thoughts were! I'll be watching the playback for sure!

message 5: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Rudebeck | 7 comments I don´t think I will read the next book. I still don´t know how I feel about this one...

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
Omg there's such a divide on how folks feel on this book! Should make for a great discussion tomorrow. Personally, I LOVED it. One of the best books that I've ever read tbh. So interesting that not a lot of people felt the same way!

I will definitely be picking up book 2, but I'm also a little nervous about how it will make me feel about this one because I loved it so much!