Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

Beartown (Beartown, #1)
This topic is about Beartown
Beartown > Chapters 14-18

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This is the discussion thread for Chapters 14-18 of Beartown. Please keep discussion to this section of the book. If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

Anita Reads | 10 comments Mod
Some thoughts at this point. Fredrik really takes his time creating the characters and getting you invested in them. I love Ramona, we need more mothers like her in books. Also feel so bad for Bobo!

I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but somewhere in the last 5 chapters I got really invested. I wasn't as much in the beginning.

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) I feel for all the boys. It's so much pressure and it seems like the rest of their lives are forced to take a backseat and they have to put on a tough exterior. I'm enjoying this book, but not loving it nearly as much as I thought I would.

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
I'm struggling my way through this one. I was hoping I would get caught up in the story by this point but I'm still not invested. As I mentioned in the last section, all this time getting to know the characters is a nice setup but it gets confusing. The adults all feel the same to me except for Sune and David. The only one out of the boys that I connected with was Benji so far.

I will continue to push through since I have the audiobook. I'm not loving this as much as I thought I would either.

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I’m getting more and more curious about what turn of events is going to play out in the lead up to what we know happens (from the first page of the book)...

The insinuations surrounding the rape joke in the locker room have me thinking it might be something to do with that.

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
Omgggg I’m absolutely loving this book. The chapter of the game play was so well done. I’ve felt every emotion described in that chapter both of the athletes and the spectators. Reading that chapter made me feel like I was there and rooting the Bears on!

I’m so interested to see where this books will turn.....