Mythic Fiction discussion

Book Themes > Any Hades & Persephone Recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea (cursushonorum) | 2 comments Hi everyone,
My interest in the Greek myths, specifically the one of Hades & Persephone, got re-awakened recently and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for any good books retelling their story?

message 2: by Tamara (last edited Aug 23, 2018 12:27AM) (new)

Tamara Agha-Jaffar | 72 comments Lea wrote: "Hi everyone,
My interest in the Greek myths, specifically the one of Hades & Persephone, got re-awakened recently and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for any good books retelling thei..."

Hi Lea,
I love Greek mythology, and this is my favorite myth. I've written two books about it.
Demeter and Persephone: Lessons from a Myth is a feminist interpretation of the myth (non-fiction). And my novel, A Pomegranate and the Maiden (fiction), retells the story through the voices of the characters involved in Kore/Persephone's abduction and its aftermath.
The novel is available in paperback, on Kindle, and I just recently released it as an audiobook. You can hear a sample on Amazon or on my website at www.tamaraaghajaffar.com where I post book reviews and write a blog on mythology. Let me know what you think if you decide to take a look.
Thanks.

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea (cursushonorum) | 2 comments Tamara wrote: "Lea wrote: "Hi everyone,
My interest in the Greek myths, specifically the one of Hades & Persephone, got re-awakened recently and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for any good books re..."

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll be sure to check them out!