Books Of Your Life with Elizabeth discussion

Scott Harrison > Scott Harrison's Books of his Life

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 27 comments Mod
Let's discuss Scott Harrison's book recommendations here.

message 2: by Katey (new)

Katey  | 2 comments I just found this podcast and am kind of surprised no one has had anything to say about Scott's segment... I found him very interesting and having just had a baby myself the book "Simplicity Parenting" struck a cord with me. I am currently listening to it and am hopefully going to implement some of the ideas as my daughter grows. I find the overall idea extremely appropriate for the state of matters these days - no one takes the time to enjoy the simple things anymore and so much is placed on materialistic ideals. I am becoming anti-Christmas for these reasons, every year the holidays are filled with dread and anxiety instead of joy and laughter. I want to change that in our lives.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 27 comments Mod
Hi Katey,
That's probably my fault as it took me a while to get this up and running. I certainly have struggled with many of the issues that come up as a parent. I think the proliferation of stuff is very challenging. I've notice that I give fewer and fewer presents every year. But the grandparents are very hard to control!

message 4: by Patty (last edited May 24, 2019 08:00AM) (new)

Patty | 1 comments I'm late to this party!

I've decided to re-read David Allen's GTD book because of Scott's ringing endorsement in this episode.

I read it years ago, tried it, and never got it to stick. (The weekly review is where I fall down). I think I'm going to try it again for a month after re-reading and see if it's different now that I'm "wiser".