Di & D Reading Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian (fiddleback) Let's have some Doctor Who. And some Douglas Adams. What more could you ask for.

message 2: by Engineer27 (new)

Engineer27 | 15 comments Goss seems very adept at emulating Adams' style of writing. Makes for a fun and easy read.
There are some great bits from K-9's POV that would never translate to the screen but shouldn't be missed.

message 3: by Engineer27 (new)

Engineer27 | 15 comments The hardcover has material directly from Douglas Adams' original notes, which may not be in e-versions and almost certainly not in audio versions. They are worthwhile for fans of Adams and Doctor Who, particularly the cryptic, hand-written note at the bottom of one page -- "Mice?"

message 4: by John (new)

John Cousen | 6 comments You had me on Digressions and Dragons when you mentioned the audio book.
Read by Jon Culshaw, even better. (over here he is well known as an impressionist, and his Tom Baker/Dr Who on Deadringers is pretty good)

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian (fiddleback) John wrote: "You had me on Digressions and Dragons when you mentioned the audio book.
Read by Jon Culshaw, even better. (over here he is well known as an impressionist, and his Tom Baker/Dr Who on Deadringers i..."

That sounds cool! I mean in both senses.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian (fiddleback) Engineer27 wrote: "The hardcover has material directly from Douglas Adams' original notes, which may not be in e-versions and almost certainly not in audio versions. They are worthwhile for fans of Adams and Doctor W..."

Those were almost as interesting to read as the actual book portion of it.

Also, I rewatched the Pirate Planet episodes....

I shall have things to say.

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 43 comments I'm glad you rewatched them - I'm fairly sure that I have seen them because so much of what I was reading was haunting me from an unknown point of origin in my past...but then other moments, I was just thinking, maybe it's just the Adams-ness of it all...

My paperback has some of those goodies, too, @Engineer27. It was interesting to skim some of the scripty bits provided and note the differences.

I was also intrigued by the differences in the Romanas I have now read in both this and The City of Death...but this is Romana on new-to-the-TARDIS business mode...