Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

28 views
Book Issues > Update book cover & title

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joey (new)

Joey (babykangaroo) | 5 comments Hi there,

The title for this novel should be The Visitor - can you update please? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visitor-Zoe-...

Also, the cover is now available to upload, if possible, via Amazon?

Many thanks,

Joanna


message 2: by Alison (last edited Aug 24, 2018 12:12PM) (new)

Alison | 958 comments Somehow this topic got unattached from its book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
--------

I was going to do this but it turned into more than I bargained for. I am posting what I found to help another librarian out.

The UK and US Amazon pages for this ISBN have different pub. dates:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visitor-Zoe-...
https://www.amazon.com/Visitor-Zoe-Mi...

Two ASIN editions need to be added:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visitor-Zoe-...
https://www.amazon.com/Visitor-Zoe-Mi...

The author's name on the cover is Zoë Miller. I didn't check all the books on the Zoe Miller profile, but several have Zoë Miller on the covers. (There is a 2-space Zoe Miller as well.)

Her website is www.zoemillerauthor.com but I can't get it to load. (Edit: Two days later, it works.) twitter.com/zoemillerauthor says "The Visitor" is her 10th novel. Her hachettebooksireland.ie page seems to list the other nine: http://www.hachettebooksireland.ie/au...


message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments An ebook edition also needs to be added, 9781473664654. http://www.hachettebooksireland.ie/bo...


message 4: by Joey (new)

Joey (babykangaroo) | 5 comments Hi Alison, the UK publication date is preferable, if possible. I work for the publisher so can directly supply ISBN/covers where needed if easier


message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments I am starting to work on this now.


message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments Changed title, uploaded cover, added 2 Kindle and 1 ebook editions: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Moved all 10 of her books to the name used on covers, Zoë Miller: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
Any new books auto-imported will likely post to the default Zoe Miller profile. Just ask in Book Issues for them to be moved to Zoë Miller.


message 7: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22205 comments Alison wrote: "Moved all 10 of her books to the name used on covers, Zoë Miller: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
Any new books auto-imported will likely post to the default Zoe Miller profile. Just ask in Book Issues for them to be moved to Zoë Miller. "


I hope this is working. Accents are/were never enough to disambiguate authors. In some places it seems to be working, but it has proven impossible in the past to have the right author be added to a book, as it always defaulted to the other one.
I think using spaces is still the way to disambiguate authors, even when there is an accented letter in the author name.


message 8: by Alison (last edited Aug 24, 2018 11:57AM) (new)

Alison | 958 comments Arenda wrote: "I hope this is working. Accents are/were never enough to disambiguate authors. In some places it seems to be working, but it has proven impossible in the past to have the right author be added to a book, as it always defaulted to the other one.
I think using spaces is still the way to disambiguate authors, even when there is an accented letter in the author name."


Would it be a good idea, then, to change Zoë^Miller to Zoë^^^Miller, to account for the Zoe^Miller and Zoe^^Miller that already exist? (I knew this task was more than I bargained for!)


message 9: by Joey (new)

Joey (babykangaroo) | 5 comments Thanks so much!


message 10: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22205 comments Alison wrote: "Would it be a good idea, then, to change Zoë^Miller to Zoë^^^Miller, to account for the Zoe^Miller and Zoe^^Miller that already exist? (I knew this task was more than I bargained for!)"

Yes, I think that would be the right thing to do. And now you've separated the books already, this is a quick fix.
It would be a pity if it wasn't working as you'd expected after the work you put in.


message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments Yes, I'd hate for all that work to get lost, so thanks for speaking up! I changed it to 3 spaces and added a librarian note.


back to top