Christian Book Reviews discussion

Juvament!: A Mythical Mess (Medieval Muddles, #1)
This topic is about Juvament!
Reviews > Historical Fantasy FREE on Amazon Kindle

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy (shkspeare) | 7 comments Feel like a fun, yet inspiring read? Want to read of a fantastical world living in the medieval 13th century? It's a clean Christian historical comedic fantasy... And you can get it now! For FREE! Through 8/22 you have the opportunity to download Juvament!: A Mythical Mess - the first in the Medieval Muddles world.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078713868

message 2: by Josh (new)

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments Are you still looking for reviews?

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy (shkspeare) | 7 comments Yes

message 4: by Josh (new)

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments Then I'll get to reading. I've posted to this group about trading reviews and I hope you'll give it a gander and consider reviewing my book: The Real Martin Luther.

message 5: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy (shkspeare) | 7 comments Amazon doesn't allow review trades, but I'd be happy to read for Goodreads. Looks like you have a fun book!

message 6: by Josh (new)

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments Sounds good to me

message 7: by Preston (new)

Preston Shires | 40 comments Joy wrote: "Amazon doesn't allow review trades, but I'd be happy to read for Goodreads. Looks like you have a fun book!"

Joy wrote: "Amazon doesn't allow review trades, but I'd be happy to read for Goodreads. Looks like you have a fun book!"

Joy wrote: "Amazon doesn't allow review trades, but I'd be happy to read for Goodreads. Looks like you have a fun book!"

Josh wrote: "Then I'll get to reading. I've posted to this group about trading reviews and I hope you'll give it a gander and consider reviewing my book: The Real Martin Luther."

Thanks, Joy, for pointing out Amazon's policy. I only recently read of the importance of getting reviews and then was surprised to find out how difficult it is to get a review: good or bad. A friend of mine loved one of my books and talked a great deal about it but never sent in a review. Thinking about this, I realized I read quite a bit and never send in reviews (though I look at them). I do know of people, unrelated to me, who have sent in reviews to Amazon for one of my books, but those reviews apparently were not accepted for whatever reason...at least they're not showing on Amazon. Exchanging honest reviews seemed like a way to get around the obstacle...unfortunately not. So, I've taken a look at Josh's book, and what I've read is fun, but I'm going to ask someone else to review it. Hope that works out because, like I say, reviews are hard to come by.

message 8: by Josh (new)

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments I think it's strange that Amazon will let you buy reviews from kirkus and the like but trading is forbidden

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments I think it's strange that Amazon will let you buy reviews from kirkus and the like but trading is forbidden

message 10: by Preston (last edited Sep 29, 2018 03:38AM) (new)

Preston Shires | 40 comments Josh wrote: "I think it's strange that Amazon will let you buy reviews from kirkus and the like but trading is forbidden"

Yes, I think Amazon is throwing the baby out with the bath water and shooting itself in the foot at the same time. In other words, because some abused the system, Amazon has made it more difficult to get reviews, which means it's more difficult to sell books since a book needs reviews. Anne R. Allen has an interesting blog article on Amazon's policies at https://annerallen.com/2016/10/amazon... Also I read that Yelp has been accused of cutting reviews in order to encourage clients to spend on advertising. I don't think Amazon has been accused of this.

message 11: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy (shkspeare) | 7 comments Yes, and then Amazon often deletes perfectly fine reviews for no reason. And once they decide to delete a review they completely wipe all reviews ever done by that Amazon account and don't allow any further reviews on anything. It's crazy. They are really strict, it makes it hard.

message 12: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy (shkspeare) | 7 comments Check out the "Christian Books Only Review Group". You read some books for review and other people read your books and review, but they switch up the reading so you aren't doing a 1-for-1 review swap (that's what Amazon doesn't like).

message 13: by Preston (new)

Preston Shires | 40 comments Joy wrote: "Check out the "Christian Books Only Review Group". You read some books for review and other people read your books and review, but they switch up the reading so you aren't doing a 1-for-1 review sw..."

Thanks for the info, Joy. I'll take a look.