Manga & Anime Lovers discussion

Anime/Manga > New anime reviews

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hope (new)

Hope | 9 comments Hi all, there are too many shows to watch at once it seems, If you're watching a brand new released anime, you could chime in with a quick bite-sized review. So people know if it's for them!

For instance, The new anime Hina Matsuri

It's easy to watch. It's a comedy with ESP and the yakuza. It's comedic timing is on point, and the protag is a deadpan girl, super powerful but unmotivated and not used to how the earth works. She unconsciously forces the people around her into caretaker situations, most notably the yakuza whose house she drops in on.
Not mecha, nor ecchi, nor fan servicey so far, no super high girly voices.

Please add your reviews of new anime :)

message 2: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 69 comments I'm currently watching Angels of Death:

From what I understand, it was adapted from a game? It's pretty unique. You have this 13 year old girl who finds herself in a hospital, trying to remember what she's there for. She finds out that on each floor of the building, she will have to deal with the person responsible for that floor and on the first floor, she ends up running into a psycho killer with a scythe who enjoys killing people. At some point, she remembers why she's there and it's so traumatic, she ends up asking the psycho murderer if he could kill her. He doesn't want to anymore because her eyes look dead to him and they end up forming a deal: He will kill her as long as she helps him escape the building first.

It's very interesting and unique so far. No ecchi or anything like that. Just two people trying to get out of this crazy mess. There is violence, action, and having to go through tests. I've never seen an anime like it, so I'm intrigued. It also could be because it's somewhat reminds me of shows like Danganronpa (which I really liked).

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope | 9 comments L.C. wrote: "I'm currently watching Angels of Death:

From what I understand, it was adapted from a game? It's pretty unique. You have this 13 year old girl who finds herself in a hospital, trying to remember w..."

That sounds sick! I hadn't heard of it, thanks for writing a review and introducing us to it. There's a new show atm called "Working Cells", I'd be keen to hear if anyone has watched it.

message 4: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 69 comments Hope wrote: "There's a new show atm called "Working Cells", I'd be keen to hear if anyone has watched it."

Oh! Are you talking about the Cells at Work! anime? I haven't seen it fully, but I've seen clips of it and it looks soo good. Not only does it seem like a fun show to watch, it's also very educational! I've seen so many people say they're learning more about biology this way than in their classroom lol.

message 5: by Heart (new)

Heart (dragonscorpion) | 11 comments Free Season 3(May Have spoilers)

At first I was like "What on earth is it gonna be about" But as I watched it,it got better and better. It is all over the place now though too due to everyone being in different places. We see less and less of Iwatobi Swim Club sadly. But its well put together. Season 1 and 2 are cleary better but 3 is still good.Most the characters I didn't know because I didn't watch the movie(till after I watched episode 1 or 2 of season 3) So you really have to watch the movies first ;_;

message 6: by Heart (new)

Heart (dragonscorpion) | 11 comments Still Not done with season 3 yet