What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Rich and Famous Like My Mom
This topic is about Rich and Famous Like My Mom
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA late 1980s title “My Mother the Rockstar”? [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke Smith | 5 comments I was pretty sure of the title but can’t find evidence that this book ever existed! It must be out of print. The cover was a young girl and her fabulous rockstar mom who looked a little like Betty Boop. I think she may have had a feather boa. The plot details are hazy but I think it was set in NYC during the holidays. The kid was pretty much on her own because the mom was on tour. There was something about a homeless woman that she befriended and wanted to have move in with her. I think it would have been published between 1988-1990. Anyone?

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Aug 22, 2018 04:29AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments I found a book by Stacey Richter "My Mother the Rock Star" on WorldCat.org, but there's no info about it.

Edit: It's a short story in Twin Study: Stories, which was published in 2007, so probably not your book, unless the short story was published on its own then later put into a collection.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
Rock Star Mommy: My Life as a Rocker Mom
Brooke and Her Rock-Star Mom (Sweet Valley Twins book--didn't they do a book about everything on Earth?)
My Mother Is a Rock Star
Rock Star Mom
My Mom Is a Rock Star

I'm sure there are many others, but there are a few suggestions just from varying the wording a tiny bit.

message 4: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke Smith | 5 comments Nope none of these! Thank you so much for trying though.

PS I’m bummed I outgrew Sweet Valley Twins before they reached #55. I would have loved a book with my name in the title since there weren’t many Brookes around back then!

message 6: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke Smith | 5 comments That’s it!!!! How did you do that?! Thank you!

message 7: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Brooke wrote: "That’s it!!!! How did you do that?! Thank you!"

Of course it would be Hila Colman.

message 8: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke Smith | 5 comments Why do you say that?

message 9: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Brooke wrote: "That’s it!!!! How did you do that?! Thank you!"
Yay, you're welcome! I searched for "her mother " rock star homeless in google books, time range: 20th century

message 10: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Brooke wrote: "Why do you say that?"

There was a space in time where every lost book I was searching for turned out to have been written by Hila Colman, to the point that I searched through her bibliography before I looked anywhere else.

Apparently the lesson was not permanent, though.