Forgotten Classics and Other Lesser Known Books (or No One Has Read this but Me!) discussion

Admin > 2018 Book Club Selections: September— November

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (last edited Aug 23, 2018 04:56PM) (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) For your planning purposes:

—our September group read will be Black Wings Has My Angel, Elliott Chaze’s noir gem, first published in 1953;

—our October group read will be The Uninvited by Dorothy Macardle, described as a Gothic, bone-chilling Irish ghost story by those kings of understatement at Google Books. First published in 1942;

Find your copies and join us for either or both discussions.

Finally, we will tee up a poll in mid-September for our November read. If you would like to nominate a book for our November poll, post it in this thread by September 10 and we will include it in the poll along with our last set of non-winners. If you nominate a book and it wins, we’ll look for you to take the lead in getting our discussion launched, please.

message 2: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (anne21) I think that I was nominator of our Sept book. So my job to lead the discussion. So please, if someone could set up a thread, I would be much appreciative.

message 3: by Hugh (new)

Hugh (bodachliath) | 279 comments Mod
Cordelia wrote: "I think that I was nominator of our Sept book. So my job to lead the discussion. So please, if someone could set up a thread, I would be much appreciative."

You should be able to do it yourself - if you click on the "Current Book of the Month" folder link, then click on "New topic" in the top right hand corner (this probably needs a browser in desktop view - I don't think you can do it in the mobile app, but I have not tried the latest version of that). If you are struggling I can do it.

message 4: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (anne21) Hugh wrote: "Cordelia wrote: "I think that I was nominator of our Sept book. So my job to lead the discussion. So please, if someone could set up a thread, I would be much appreciative."

You should be able to ..."

Thanks Hugh. I will have a go in a few days. Dont want to open the thread too soon.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Our poll is up for our November selection — 4 diverse and strong options. It will be open at midnight, I believe, and run through September 30. Vote early and often, as they say :)

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Carol wrote: "Our poll is up for our November selection — 4 diverse and strong options. It will be open at midnight, I believe, and run through September 30. Vote early and often, as they say :)"

Members have spoken with their choice not to vote for a group read in November, so there will not be a group read next month.

Forgotten Classics and Other Lesser Known Books...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Black Wings Has My Angel (other topics)
The Uninvited (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elliott Chaze (other topics)
Dorothy Macardle (other topics)