What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Novel about the daughter of a wealthy immigrant whose business are ornamental plants.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jewel (new)

Jewel Moretti | 2 comments The daughter prefers to be in her own library and she would pleasure herself by masturbating. She also hired someone to draw plants she found in their sprawling property. She fell in love with the illustrator but the illustrator married her sister instead. This broke her heart. The plot is during the early American history when immigrants were coming from Europe. When the daughter became a grown woman, she went to one of the Pacific Islands where Captain Cook years earlier had tried to conquer. She became friends with the natives and has fallen in love with one of them (if I am remembering it right). There were references also to Darwin too. In the island, there were kids who has become integral to the story. There were mischievous and adventurous. During that period the mode of transportation from one continent to another is thru ships. All the wealth of her father was passed to her even though she has a sister. I'm not sure if half sister or not. But once she inherited the family's wealth, she made sure that her sister/half sister was well taken cared of. I think she gave her sister the family home.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
When did you read it?
Cover?
Genre?
Mass market or literary?
Author female or male?

message 3: by Jewel (new)

Jewel Moretti | 2 comments I have read it about 3 years ago. Can't remember exactly when. But I'm sure within the last 3 years. Mass market. I can't if the author is female or male.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Does anything on the Masturbation in Fiction list look familiar?