What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Harper and Row Reader from 1960s, contains story: present-day young girl falls asleep under a tree and has a dream/vision that she meets a girl from the future.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (last edited Aug 21, 2018 07:25PM) (new)

Anne Dyken | 5 comments Looking for old Harper and Row reader, an edition written in mid to late sixties, third through possibly fifth grade. I am looking for the one reader that had this story in it: present-day young girl falls asleep under a tree and has a dream/vision that she meets a girl from the future. The girl from the future is tall, dressed in maybe a lavender body suit? Future girl says she has no name, only a number, and she doesn't know how to play and doesn't know what fun is. I have already ruled out "From Bicycles to Boomerangs" edition. Do you have any old Harper and Row readers around? Could you look for this short story and let me know which book it is in? thanks

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 12, 2018 03:10PM) (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
From Bicycles to Boomerangs by Byron H. VanRoekel Harper & Row reader mentioned by Anne - From Bicycles to Boomerangs by Byron H. VanRoekel

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
"Harper & Row Basic Reading Program" books on www.worldcat.org:

Outdoors and In by Mabel O'Donnell Outdoors and In by Mabel O'Donnell

Around The Corner by Mabel O'Donnell Around The Corner by Mabel O'Donnell

"From Faraway Places" by Mabel O'Donnell. http://www.worldcat.org/title/from-fa...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Anne, are you still looking for this or did you find it?