What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Miss Jellytot's Visit
This topic is about Miss Jellytot's Visit
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's chapter book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 2 comments Looking for a book that I read around 1960ish
When I was young, I read a children's chapter book about a little girl who was unhappy with her home and family and either wanted to run away or pretend to be someone else. He mother allowed her to pretend to be another little girl who moved into the house to give her an idea of what her life would be like if she was someone else, without having a family. Sort of in the Beverly Cleary style. For some reason, I was thinking the name of the book or the name of the identity she assumed was Miss Hottentot, but a Google search of that name turns up nothing.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Barbara, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for children's chapter books.

Remember the cover?
Author female or male?

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 2 comments OMG! That's it! Thank you so much! I was almost positive that it had a '-tot" in the title. I'm taking a Children's Lit course in grad school and we were supposed to mention the first book we remembered from out childhood. You are my hero!

message 5: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1226 comments Excellent! Happy to help. :-) That's so cool that you are taking a Children's Lit course in grad school.