Springfield-Greene County Library District discussion

What is the first comic you ever read?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you remember the first comic book you ever read? Or the first comic you remember reading? Tell us about it!

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 11 comments I came into reading comics in my mid-teens, so my first experience was Ghost World by Daniel Clowes. Up until then, I thought comics were all superheros (which are fine, but I wasn't interested in anything with a long serial history - too much to catch up on!). But this book really examines friendship and relationships and its cynicism spoke to my 90s teen soul.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Whitney wrote: "I came into reading comics in my mid-teens, so my first experience was Ghost World by Daniel Clowes. Up until then, I thought comics were all superheros (which are fine, but I wasn't interested in ..."

I saw that movie before I knew it was a comic, and I was OBSESSED with the movie. I still haven't read the comic. Good to know it holds up!

message 4: by BJ (new)

BJ | 10 comments I remember buying a X-Men comic back in the day, but I couldn't tell you what issue or volume it was. The first comic book that really started me becoming a comics/graphic novel fan was Captain Marvel, Volume 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More. However, I was majorly confused because I didn't realize that I was started towards the end of its run until the last volume of the collection. Whoops!