What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Amy's Eyes
This topic is about Amy's Eyes
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fiction- a doll goes on an adventure, something about her black button eyes (I think she loses one?) something about her on a boat sailing [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 21, 2018 01:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (soldiergirl) | 13 comments OK, I read this in 1996/7, I remember that specifically. So pre-97 for sure. It was a thick book (for me as an 11 year old, fairly advanced reader, I remember it stood out as big even for me.) Colorful cover. I had it in paperback at the time, from the library. It involved a doll (cloth doll) as the main character, and she went on this big adventure. There was something important about her eyes- I think they were black beads or buttons, and they were sewn on. I think she lost one somewhere along the way, or maybe someone stole it? I also remember a scene (or two or three) on a boat out on the ocean. And...that's about it. I remember really liking it at the time and I've been thinking about it a lot over the years, but I've never been able to remember much more than that, so it's been hard to find. SOLVED- AMY'S EYES by Richard Kennedy

message 2: by Lindsie (new)

Lindsie | 1 comments Coraline?

message 3: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie (chrissiewhitley) | 139 comments Let's try some out here...

Hitty, Her First Hundred Years
Miss Hickory

Jennifer (soldiergirl) | 13 comments Lindsie wrote: "Coraline?"

Coraline was published 2006, so can't be it. Plus, this book was an adventure story, not creepy or scary at all.

Jennifer (soldiergirl) | 13 comments Chrissie wrote: "Let's try some out here...

Hitty, Her First Hundred Years
Miss Hickory"

Unfortunately, those don't ring a bell. Thanks though.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Jennifer (soldiergirl) | 13 comments YES! Amy's Eyes! You guys rock!

message 9: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Bonnie wrote: "How about "Amy's Eyes?"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

I'm a very mature person, but...beatcha!