Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

Redeeming Love Read-along > Redeeming Love: Prologue thru Chapter 3

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments This will be our discussion thread for the Prologue and the first three chapters. To follow the group schedule please read this section between Sept 2 and Sept. 8.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine  Pinkett | 23 comments Ok. Understand what we are doing now lol. It takes me a while:-)

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Sorry about the confusion. I was trying to get these posted quickly and never went back to post the whole schedule. We are going to do roughly 50-60 pages per week for 8 weeks.
I know that some might want to go faster, but this will make it where more people can fit it in with whatever else they are reading.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I read this week's section this morning and "Wow!" It is so compelling. I mean the prologue is a story in and of itself. The end of the prologue was just simply heartbreaking. To think that she was only eight years old when Rab brought her to Duke. No human should have to go through even a portion of what she went through leading up to that moment being unloved and unwanted, and to think that she was so young.

message 5: by Griselda (new)

Griselda  Alvarez | 3 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I read this week's section this morning and "Wow!" It is so compelling. I mean the prologue is a story in and of itself. The end of the prologue was just simply heartbreaking. To think that she was..."
I also completed this weeks section this afternoon and although heartbreaking, I am enjoying it. It was hard to not continue reading the next section. Glad I've decided to join this read-along.

Books In Every Room | 18 comments This story had me hooked from page one. I liked the way she didn’t want anyone to know her real name because she felt like it was the only part of her true self she had left.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Books In Every Room wrote: "This story had me hooked from page one. I liked the way she didn’t want anyone to know her real name because she felt like it was the only part of her true self she had left."

Yes, this book is a real page turner so far! Interesting about her name. She has no control over any part of her life except that one thing and so she is keeping it for herself.

message 8: by Berna (new)

Berna | 7 comments I completed the section last night and I agree with you all. It was heart breaking.
The writing style was very easy to follow.
I hope it will be a more hopeful book from this point on.

message 9: by Nanette (new)

Nanette (nanetterosie) | 11 comments So I finally caught up to the schedule. My heart is so heavy. At each turn of events I find a lump in my throat.

message 10: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 14 comments Forgot to post here. I am enjoying this book so much thanks elizabeth for choosing it. I’m behind on schedule but did pass this so will post in the thread where I’m at.