Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

Cape Light (Cape Light #1)
This topic is about Cape Light
Cape Light Read-along > Cape Light by Thomas Kincade

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments This will be our discussion thread for Cape Light by Thomas Kincade, book 1 in the Cape Light series.

Mande Garrett (mandegarrett) | 6 comments I'm on Chapter 9. I am liking the romance that is slowly blooming between Sam and Jessica. They seem to be a perfect match, I just wish Jessica can stop comparing Sam to Pete.

Mande Garrett (mandegarrett) | 6 comments I finished this book. It was a good book. I really loved the last 2 chapters in the book; which tied the story together very nicely.

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Mande wrote: "I finished this book. It was a good book. I really loved the last 2 chapters in the book; which tied the story together very nicely."

Awesome! I'm so glad that you liked it. I should be getting back to it within the next day or two.

message 5: by Donna (last edited Jan 15, 2019 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Donna | 88 comments Even though this book moves along at a good pace, I found that it took me a couple of days longer to read than my usual reading speed. I think it is a book that needs to be savored and not sped through even when eager to find out what happens next. You want to sit with what is happening and how the characters are growing and maturing spiritually as well as reflect on one's own life. I love that these books are meant to flesh out the people that onlookers of Kincade's painting can only imagine. Kudos to Elizabeth for encouraging this series.

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I'm so glad that you have joined in more of my read-alongs Donna. I love your insights and comments about each book.
I completely agree with your take on Cape Light. I started it awhile back but kept letting other books get in the way. Yet, it was still quietly waiting for me to get back to it. I found it such a pleasant and interesting book to read. I have so many questions about what is going to happen to the characters in future books.

(Warning - the next part may contain spoilers)
I just reread the last few pages because I originally finished the book late on New Year's Eve and was probably getting sleepy by then. I couldn't believe that all of the adoption details did not come to light, but I'm glad that the readers at least have the details. I must say that Mrs Warwick is quite a character. She is portrayed as being so spiteful. I wonder if we will learn her backstory eventually. I must admit that I agree with her side of things up to a point. Her daughter made an impulsive decision to run off and get married at a very young age, and certain life choices may come with consequences. However, it's not like Emily was out there sleeping around and partying every night. She actually got married and was living responsibly. Once she was widowed, I think Mrs. Warwick should have helped her and not forced her to give up her baby. But I suppose now it makes for an interesting story. It seemed curious to me that Emily did not make the connection as Sara was talking about being from Maryland, especially considering her age.

Mande Garrett (mandegarrett) | 6 comments I agree with you Elizabeth when it came to Emily not catching what Sara was saying about Maryland. I’m not sure if Emily is ready to face that light yet I Ben though she hopes her daughter comes looking for her. Then you have Sara struggling with wanting to tell Emily who she is truely. I just hope that Sara doesn’t give up and keep trying.