Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Disney Challenge Q & A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 63483 comments Mod
If you have any questions that you would like ask about the challenge or any of the categories. Please ask here and a mod will gladly answer them.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What does "MPG romance" mean? It's one of the options under Pocahontas.

message 3: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Aug 23, 2018 06:08AM) (new)

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
MPG means main page genre. So when you are on the books Goodreads page for the book on the right there is the tags and/or shelves. The ones listed on that page (without clicking 'more tags/shelves') means MPG.

Does that help? (:

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That does! Thanks! :D

message 5: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

You're welcome. (:

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie How are graphic novels working for this? I mean I know its pg pts only so do they need to fit a description. And if so does it need to be one for a character we have or even more specifically a character description that is still open?

Also when do we know our starting Princesses so we can start planning?

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jamie wrote: "How are graphic novels working for this? I mean I know its pg pts only so do they need to fit a description. And if so does it need to be one for a character we have or even more specifically a cha..."

You will know either the day before or on September 1st on who your team has. As for graphic novels, since those count for 1/4 the points I think they would work better for page points than using them for a cateogry.

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Does it have to be a category for a character we are working on? And if so does it need to be one of our 4 and if someone else already claimed it can I add my gun to it? Sorry but confusing as the categories and how we flip them is specific. And I’ll probably be reading a fair share of GNs next month.

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jamie wrote: "Does it have to be a category for a character we are working on? And if so does it need to be one of our 4 and if someone else already claimed it can I add my gun to it? Sorry but confusing as the ..."

Graphic novels will not count for a category for any character. They will just count for page points.

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Alaina wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Does it have to be a category for a character we are working on? And if so does it need to be one of our 4 and if someone else already claimed it can I add my gun to it? Sorry but con..."
I know they don't count I was just wondering if they need to match.
So I can just post any GN at any time and with just a review/pg count. No description/princess needed?

message 11: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments Can we use books shorter than 100 pages for page points?

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jamie wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Does it have to be a category for a character we are working on? And if so does it need to be one of our 4 and if someone else already claimed it can I add my gun to it..."

Yes, so when you do your review post. Just say it’s a a GN and that it’s for page points. It doesn’t have to be for any character or category.

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

~ Giulia ~ wrote: "Can we use books shorter than 100 pages for page points?"

Yes.

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Alaina wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Does it have to be a category for a character we are working on? And if so does it need to be one of our 4 and if someone else already claimed it can I ad..."

Ahh ok, that was the concern. Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

message 15: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Alaina wrote: "~ Giulia ~ wrote: "Can we use books shorter than 100 pages for page points?"

Yes."

YAY!

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I plan to take next month lighter so I don't burn out. I think I am reading too much this month lol.

message 17: by Jamie (new)

Jamie For the retellings- does it still have to fit an available category/description?

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jamie wrote: "For the retellings- does it still have to fit an available category/description?"

Retelling just have to fit the character that you are reading for.

message 19: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jamie wrote: "I plan to take next month lighter so I don't burn out. I think I am reading too much this month lol."

Oh man, next month is definitely my easy month. It’s my blackout month for work, so I will basically just be living at work listening to audios.

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina wrote: "Jamie wrote: "For the retellings- does it still have to fit an available category/description?"

Retelling just have to fit the character that you are reading for."

Wait, sorry I wrote my answer very quickly. If the retelling fits a category then it will count for that plus the extra point for being for that said character. Does that make sense?

message 21: by Nalz (new)

Nalz (nalztothewallz) | 138 comments I was wondering if I could have the challenges for Moana, mine isn’t showing up. Thank you in advance 😊

message 22: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Nalz wrote: "I was wondering if I could have the challenges for Moana, mine isn’t showing up. Thank you in advance 😊"

Do you mean the characters that you, as a team, are reading for? Or the actual categories for each character?

If it's the characters that each team is starting off with on September first. No, every team will find out their 3 on Friday. If it's the categories, then yes - but they are on each teams Chat and Review thread as well.

message 23: by Nalz (new)

Nalz (nalztothewallz) | 138 comments Oh I’m sorry, wasn’t clear! I meant the categories for Moana is not showing up for me, I’ve looked in both places, and that is the only Disney character that wasn’t showing up for me

message 24: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Nalz wrote: "Oh I’m sorry, wasn’t clear! I meant the categories for Moana is not showing up for me, I’ve looked in both places, and that is the only Disney character that wasn’t showing up for me"

Okay, so my mind is being all jumbled from work and stuff and now I have fully understood your question, I think? Moana is not one of the characters for this challenge. It's just the team name.

message 25: by Nalz (new)

Nalz (nalztothewallz) | 138 comments Ah ok! Thank you so much 😊

message 26: by Erica (new)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments Under Elsa it shows "tagged as family must be on first page" Does that mean the word family must be on the first page? Only have done the pageopoly challenge so far so still learning some of the lingo lol

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Erica wrote: "Under Elsa it shows "tagged as family must be on first page" Does that mean the word family must be on the first page? Only have done the pageopoly challenge so far so still learning some of the li..."

Tags are on the right hand side on the book page. So family would have to be on the first page of those tags. :)

message 28: by Erica (new)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Erica wrote: "Under Elsa it shows "tagged as family must be on first page" Does that mean the word family must be on the first page? Only have done the pageopoly challenge so far so still learning ..."

so on the page that has like copyright, published date ect?

message 29: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments The page that when you click on a book cover like this Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake it takes you to it.

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Tags are also sometimes called genres. :)

message 31: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

No first page means when you are on the book's Goodread page you will click 'more shelves' Then that is the first page of tags.

MPG is like main page.

message 32: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 2101 comments For books that I started before the beginning of the month, I know it doesn't count for category points, but can I still get page points for what I read in September? Same question for books that don't fit a category, can I get page points for those, or should I just not post them?

message 33: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Caroline wrote: "For books that I started before the beginning of the month, I know it doesn't count for category points, but can I still get page points for what I read in September? Same question for books that d..."

First off, I'm sorry for not seeing this last night! Second, I'm going to have say no to page points. For this particular challenge, every book must be started on or after September 1st. Plus each book posted on the review threads must fit for any category under any character (especially the three that your team has now).

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Can I use alternative cover if it has a dragon but it isn't in English? Choque de reyes (Canción de hielo y fuego, #2) by George R.R. Martin ???

message 35: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Nicole wrote: "Can I use alternative cover if it has a dragon but it isn't in English? Choque de reyes (Canción de hielo y fuego, #2) by George R.R. Martin???"

Yes, you can use alternative editions.

message 36: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Ok i thought so but I wasn't sure about other editions in a different language :)

message 37: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 2101 comments Ok, thanks for the info!

message 38: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Nicole wrote: "Ok i thought so but I wasn't sure about other editions in a different language :)"

Just make sure you post the link of the alternate edition next to your category explination. So I don't have to go searching for it. Please and thank you. (:

message 39: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 98 comments When we get our characters and we have to read 4 categories for that character, is it only 4 categories or can we read for more? I hope this makes sense haha.

message 40: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Ashleigh wrote: "When we get our characters and we have to read 4 categories for that character, is it only 4 categories or can we read for more? I hope this makes sense haha."

You only need to complete 4 categories per character. Once you do, and if/when you get that same character again - you have the other 4 you didn't read for.

message 41: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 98 comments Alaina wrote: "Ashleigh wrote: "When we get our characters and we have to read 4 categories for that character, is it only 4 categories or can we read for more? I hope this makes sense haha."

You only need to co..."

Thank you!

message 42: by Nalz (new)

Nalz (nalztothewallz) | 138 comments For the buddy read, can it be with people outside of your team?

message 43: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Nalz wrote: "For the buddy read, can it be with people outside of your team?"

Yeah, it can be with anyone in the group. But you do have to have a buddy. So make sure to find someone before requesting the thread. :D

message 44: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments How many updates do we need to have instead of a review?

message 45: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Charley Girl wrote: "How many updates do we need to have instead of a review?"

Five please. (:

message 46: by TheYALibrarian (new)

TheYALibrarian | 159 comments Sorry if this is a dumb question but my brain is kind of in a fog today. I'm trying to find the three characters chosen for my team which is Team Merida and I don't see them in either the review or chat thread. Did I somehow miss them?

message 47: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

TheYALibrarian wrote: "Sorry if this is a dumb question but my brain is kind of in a fog today. I'm trying to find the three characters chosen for my team which is Team Merida and I don't see them in either the review or..."

Here they are.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 48: by TheYALibrarian (new)

TheYALibrarian | 159 comments Felicia wrote: "TheYALibrarian wrote: "Sorry if this is a dumb question but my brain is kind of in a fog today. I'm trying to find the three characters chosen for my team which is Team Merida and I don't see them ..."

Thanks so much Felicia!!!

message 49: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

You are very welcome.

message 50: by Erica (new)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments What do we do if our book doesnt have a page count? There are no other versions coming up and its an ebook? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.