Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

Home to Heather Creek Read-along > Who's joining in?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments If you would like to try the Home to Heather Creek series with me then let me know below. There will be discussion threads for each book. I basically plan to read an average of one book per month, but in order to get to the 5th book which is Christmas themed by December, we will need to overlap or double up a little between now and then.

message 2: by Gribouille (new)

Gribouille Lechat (gribouillelechat) | 13 comments Hi Elizabeth ! As I have told you on YouTube, I'll try to follow you with this series, as soon as I receive the first book. See you soon !

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 8 comments The series sounds good to me, my local library seems to have some of them.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Awesome! I will be glad to have a couple of you to read these with. My sister has already read the first 5 of them. She says that the first one is a little bit depressing, but that the series gets better from there. She really liked book 5, A Patchwork Christmas by Kristin Eckhardt.

message 5: by Donna (last edited Jan 15, 2019 08:11PM) (new)

Donna | 88 comments Hello, everyone. This is a belated reply to say that I would like to join in on this series readalong. I have recently read the first book in the series, but find that it is the only book that my local library has available. So, I will have to hunt down the others in local used bookstores. I see that the second in the series is fairly inexpensive on Amazon for the hardcover. Will comment on the first book on the discussion thread.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments So glad you have joined in Donna. I noticed that most of the series is on Hoopla in ebook form. Does your library subscribe to Hoopla?

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 88 comments Elizabeth wrote: "So glad you have joined in Donna. I noticed that most of the series is on Hoopla in ebook form. Does your library subscribe to Hoopla?"

Yes, my library subscribes to Hoopla, and makes available several other electronic formats. But, I have been reluctant to use any of these routes as I do not want to read "screens" up until now, but I may try one or two books this year especially if they are short reads just for the experience as I am signed up for Hoopla. Thanks for the welcome. Elizabeth.

message 8: by Gribouille (new)

Gribouille Lechat (gribouillelechat) | 13 comments Hi Elizabeth ! I want to tell you that I bought the 5th book of this series so I will able to read it at Christmas time. Sorry, I'm late but i t's hard to get some American books at a reasonable price here in France. Have you already read this 5th book?
Have a nice sunday, Élizabeth ! :-)

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Gribouille wrote: "Hi Elizabeth ! I want to tell you that I bought the 5th book of this series so I will able to read it at Christmas time. Sorry, I'm late but i t's hard to get some American books at a reasonable pr..."

I'm so glad you got the book! I hope you didn't have to spend too much for it. This series used to be on e book. Have you checked that as an option for future books?