Shut Up & Read discussion

Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
This topic is about Ruins
Archives- Buddy Reads > Ruins by Dan Wells

Comments Showing 1-50 of 176 (176 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 16566 comments Mod
We will be starting Thursday. Everyone is welcome to join.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Woohoo

message 3: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have really missed our buddy reads.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Me too!! Something to look forward to.

Vaughn | 3470 comments I hope this doesn't happen in our lifetime. I don't think I could stomach it.

message 6: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 12652 comments Mod
Vaughn wrote: "Me too!! Something to look forward to."

Me too!

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Aug 23, 2018 11:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn wrote: "I hope this doesn't happen in our lifetime. I don't think I could stomach it."

No kidding! The poor babies :( I don't think I could be a nurse or doctor there. I couldn't handle it.

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just started. While I enjoy reading this genre, I would never want to live in it.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Meeting Makalay ? Partials, the voice.... Wow

Vaughn | 3470 comments RM

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Love this narrator!

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

I wonder who is behind the Voice. The scary part is, the Partials are almost too realistic...Biochemically engineered humans?

message 13: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Aug 24, 2018 09:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

This whole world is seriously messed up! First off, the government mandates that when a girl turns 18 they will start having children. WTH! That isn't bad enough but the child will most likely die very quickly after birth. Oh yeah... let me sign up for that...Not!!! I don't know who has it worse, the girl who just lost her baby or the nurse who has witnessed every baby die. Totally sucks!

Vaughn | 3470 comments Leigh wrote: "This whole world is seriously messed up! First off, the government mandates that when a girl turns 18 they will start having children. WTH! That isn't bad enough but the child will most likely die ..."

Ugh. Nope.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Sheri wrote: "I wonder who is behind the Voice. The scary part is, the Partials are almost too realistic...Biochemically engineered humans?"
Right? How do we know who is one?

message 16: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh wrote: "This whole world is seriously messed up! First off, the government mandates that when a girl turns 18 they will start having children. WTH! That isn't bad enough but the child will most likely die ..."

Right...It's law that they have to get pregnant and be pregnant as much as possible?...No way! What's that even helping?

message 17: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not really sure I trust either faction: The Partials or the Government.

message 18: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh wrote: "Not really sure I trust either faction: The Partials or the Government."

I'm thinking the same thing!

message 19: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Aug 24, 2018 10:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm not sure where you both are so...I think this is around chapter 14?? (view spoiler)

I like Kira. She's got spunk, lol. She questions everything...Which is going to get her into a lot of trouble, lol.

message 20: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Poor Madison! Kira is spunky! I love that is she decides she is going to be the one to save the babies.

message 21: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

I knew the council was up to no good!!

Vaughn | 3470 comments Just got past the part where Kira was studying Marcus's blood. Oh boy

Vaughn | 3470 comments In part two. If the government decided I had to have children that would then die I'd fight too. Hell to the no.

message 24: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

On Chapter 14

Vaughn | 3470 comments So they wanted the partial but didn't ?

message 26: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

You would think after 11 years of babies dying the benefit of capturing a Partial to study would have outweighed the risks. Or at least going off the island to see what else they could find that would help.

message 27: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn wrote: "So they wanted the partial but didn't ?"

I know. Once Kira committed treason and brought back a Partial, they put her on trial with everyone else involved and her punishment was to study the Partial. WTH! I did find the comment by Samm(the Partial) "that they, the Partials, didn't create RM interesting. Is it true and if so who created it and why? I don't trust anyone at this point: Partials, Government or the Voice.

Vaughn | 3470 comments The government is up to something. I'm wondering what Kira is. Maybe the partials aren't the enemy? Still reading.

Vaughn | 3470 comments She knows it wasn't the partials. I beat it was the government.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Hell I may trust the partials more. She just questioned the partials.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Chapter 20

message 32: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn wrote: "Hell I may trust the partials more. She just questioned the partials."

Yes, I think the only group to trust right now is the Partials. I don't trust the Senators at all.

message 33: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

The Senators are a mess! They don't even seem to want a cure as long as they have all the control.

Vaughn | 3470 comments Sheri wrote: "The Senators are a mess! They don't even seem to want a cure as long as they have all the control."

That's what I think too

message 35: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "The Senators are a mess! They don't even seem to want a cure as long as they have all the control."

Exactly! WTH! So what if everyone dies just as long as they are on top.

message 36: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

It is official...I don't like any of the factions.

message 37: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I totally hate the Senate!!!

message 38: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Aug 28, 2018 02:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Poor Jayden!!! Haru is an idiot!!! He is so willing to drink the Kool-Aid that the Senate is handing out. WOW! The Senate takes credit for everything. WTH!

message 39: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh wrote: "It is official...I don't like any of the factions."

Right? Who can you trust?

message 40: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished up. I feel sorry for Marcus...he loves Kira. Kira is not afraid to do the hard thing. I really enjoyed this read.

message 41: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

I really liked this one too. It’s one of those that’s been on my to-read shelf forever, I’m glad we finally got to it. Kira needs to find answers. But I do hope her and Marcus can work things out.

message 42: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "I really liked this one too. It’s one of those that’s been on my to-read shelf forever, I’m glad we finally got to it. Kira needs to find answers. But I do hope her and Marcus can work things out."

Yes, she does. Now we have another faction to deal with...The Trust. This next book will be quite interesting. What new revelations will be uncovered? Who can she trust? Will she find Sam?

message 43: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love Sam.

message 44: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "I love Sam."

I do, too. They have some kind of connection. I definitely want more Sam in next book.

Vaughn | 3470 comments I'm in part 3 now. Listening during breaks and at home is working good.

I love Samm. Mixed feelings about Marcus. Wondering of the Humans and partials will she have to breed to save them both. I definitely want to read the next one.

message 46: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

When do y'all want to start the next one?

Vaughn | 3470 comments Just finished today. Do you have the next one?

message 48: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Aug 30, 2018 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

So what do you think? How can Kira be a partial Partial? It’s got to have something to do with her dad and the Mrs. whoever she was living with. I can’t remember her name now.

I can start the next one whenever you guys are ready.

message 49: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "So what do you think? How can Kira be a partial Partial? It’s got to have something to do with her dad and the Mrs. whoever she was living with. I can’t remember her name now.

I can start the next..."

I want to know more about Kira's dad. What exactly is Kira? Do we want to start Monday? The next two books are on my shelf.

message 50: by Vaughn (last edited Aug 30, 2018 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn | 3470 comments Sheri wrote: "So what do you think? How can Kira be a partial Partial? It’s got to have something to do with her dad and the Mrs. whoever she was living with. I can’t remember her name now.

I loved it. I wondered since about halfway through of she was a partial. As well as some of the others. Can't wait to read the next

« previous 1 3 4