Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Author profile which is in fact a product brand

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Galateea (new)

Galateea | 74 comments Hi guys! I just found a profile which is no author or even a publishing house. It's just an American luxury brand (they also sell bikes and watches) and the "author profile" only has journals added. And by journals i do mean notebooks, not actual written journals, just the kind you buy from any store so you can write stuff in it.

As far as i am concerned, this shouldn't be on Goodreads because Goodreads deals with books not products but hey, i wouldn't be surprised if i somehow missed a loophole in the rulebook.
I'm also really curious to know if i'm right as far as this situation is concerned and if the respective profile and subsequent "books" (notebooks, mind you) should be deleted.

Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 24936 comments Items get imported automatically if they have an ASIN or ISBN, but things such as notebooks would get marked "not a book" when found. It would be helpful if you could link to the profile...

message 3: by Galateea (new)

Galateea | 74 comments Scott wrote: "Items get imported automatically if they have an ASIN or ISBN, but things such as notebooks would get marked "not a book" when found. It would be helpful if you could link to the profile..."

as requested https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45428 comments Mod
NABing the whole lot.