Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
This topic is about Scythe
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Scythe [August 22, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Scythe

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 1
(view spoiler)
The first chapter made me even more curious about the story! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Angela Jr. | 995 comments 2
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Angela Jr. (last edited Aug 22, 2018 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Journal entry before chapter 7
(view spoiler)

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Angela Jr. wrote: "Journal entry before chapter 7"

It's definitely an interesting concept.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Journal entry before chapter 10
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Journal entry before chapter 16
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Things are about to radically change.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I noticed haha. Not sure if i like the new direction yet.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I'm only onto chapter 3 but loving this so far! The world is so cool and I feel very immersed already.

Angela Jr. wrote: "Chapter 1
[spoilers removed]
The first chapter made me even more curious about the story! ๐Ÿ™ƒ"

I think it might be her diary too, would definitely be cool.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Journal entry before chapter 7
"as i ..."

It really is weird and creepy! I loved this book.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Glad you're enjoying it, charlie :)

Siobhan wrote: "Angela Jr. wrote: "Journal entry before chapter 7
"as i ..."

It really is weird and creepy! I loved this book."

the more we learn about the nanites (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments About to start chapter 13. This is such an addictive read! I haven't read any of the other books I'm read today, just this one and it's really holding my attention.

Angela Jr. wrote: "Journal entry before chapter 7
."
I agree that the world is pretty creepy. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of (view spoiler) It's also a boring world when it comes down to it. There's nothing to work for or strive towards really. You just exist.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 25, That was horrible! (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Charlie wrote: "Chapter 25, That was horrible! [spoilers removed]"

I agree obviously... (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Charlie wrote: "About to start chapter 13. This is such an addictive read! I haven't read any of the other books I'm read today, just this one and it's really holding my attention.

Angela Jr. wrote: "Journal entr..."

I know, it's extremely addictive!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments It gets even worse!! chapter 30- (view spoiler)

Brian | 1209 comments Just started!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I hope you love it Brian, I am!

message 22: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I hope you all love this one. Shusterman is one of my favorite authors. His stuff is fascinating.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Charlie wrote: "It gets even worse!! chapter 30- [spoilers removed]"

Just finished chapter 30 - (view spoiler)

If I didn't have an insanely busy week, I'd probably have finished this book in one sitting - i can hardly put it down as it is!

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Charlie wrote: "It gets even worse!! chapter 30- [spoilers removed]"

Btw (view spoiler)

Brian wrote: "Just started!"

Hey brian :) hope you're enjoying the book so far!

C.P. wrote: "I hope you all love this one. Shusterman is one of my favorite authors. His stuff is fascinating."

I'll definitely check out some of his other work. I'd never heard of him before all the hype around scythe! Judging by this world and the ideas he's woven into it, he definitely has the potential to become a favourite of mine too :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments @C.P. I haven't read anything by him before but I own Unwind and I've heard it's fantastic.

@Angela That conversation was brilliant, I want more of those!

message 26: by C.P. (last edited Aug 24, 2018 07:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments There are many more books of his that I hope to read. Need to get to some more of them. I've read the Unwind books, the Skinjacker trilogy, Challenger Deep, and the first Antsy Bonano book. And of course these two.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 33
(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Finished!! What a perfect ending! I freaking loved this book, more than anything I've read in a few months. I loved the world and the characters and I'm definitely reading book 2!

(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Yes, I'm definitely going to read book 2 as well!

(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Are you guys going to read Thunderhead straight away or have a break?

I have put it on my birthday list so hopefully will read it in October. XD

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Siobhan wrote: "Are you guys going to read Thunderhead straight away or have a break?

I have put it on my birthday list so hopefully will read it in October. XD"

I'd be fine with either option ๐Ÿค—
What about you, charlie and brian?

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I don't own it yet and I'm reading loads at the moment so I'm happy to wait a bit :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Charlie wrote: "I don't own it yet and I'm reading loads at the moment so I'm happy to wait a bit :)"

Nice one :)

Brian | 1209 comments Iโ€™m good for whenever as well. Iโ€™m enjoying this one so far but only in chapter 4. Busy weekend !!!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I hope you love it as much as I did Brian!

Brian | 1209 comments Great book. Iโ€™m gonna start Thunderhead right away.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Hey guys, do we have a plan for thunderhead? We could start on sept 22nd, a month after this one. Or are we going to wait for siobhan and do october?
(Tbh my september is so full, I'd be glad to wait 2 weeks into october...)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments My schedule is so jam packed there's no way I could fit it in in September unfortunately.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Ok, then let's wait for october! Let us know when you get the book, siobhan :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments I'd say sorry to delay you, but it sounds like you're both too busy anyway! XD

I will definitely let you both know, I'm excited to get to it!