Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Beta Reading + Services for Fiction: YA, Romance & Erotica (including m-m), Paranormal, and Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 9 comments Hey there!
Beta reading is a crucial part of writing, editing, and publishing. No matter what stage your manuscript is in, it can always be helpful to solicit feedback on high-level concerns and development, as well as the finer details. That's where I come in...

I offer my book services for the following genres:
YA (including most sub-genres)
Romance and erotica (including m-m)
Fantasy
Folklore / Fairytales
Paranormal

If you have a question about your novel fitting into one of the genres above, feel free to reach out and ask from my site: https://mbsaul1.wixsite.com/books/bet...

As a beta reader, I will look for and include the following:
Standard industry formatting (unless you have already done this to your own specifications)
Grammar
Plotline consistencies
Character development
Overall flow and pacing
World-building, if applicable
Showing vs Telling

Additionally, I would love to purchase a copy once your book is available for pre-order (or after), write a review, and share through any of my outlets. I also provide free site features of authors I've worked with.

I will provide any questions, thoughts, or general comments I have while reading and am happy to answer any of your along the way as well. I have a published children's book and am a self-published author of a YA fantasy novel. I have been through this process, as well as formal editing and formatting processes, and will do my best to pass along any relevant insights or recommendations I may have in addition to the above.

After reading a manuscript, I ask for a few days to mentally process the work, which allows me time to give more thought to the plot and characters. I ask for 1 - 2 weeks in total once I begin and will let you know if I am going to need any additional time due to length or other variables.

If interested, please visit my site: https://mbsaul1.wixsite.com/books/bet... and submit your info on the beta reading page.

I prefer manuscripts to be complete but have made exceptions, especially for those seeking developmental feedback. If you are unsure if your writing is a good fit, reach out through the form on my site.

PRICING
My pricing is based upon the length of your manuscript.
$25 for 49,000 words or fewer
$50 for 50,000 - 74,000 words
$75 for 75,000 - 99,000 words
$100 for 100,000 - 125,000 words

Is your book longer than Moby Dick? Let's chat and I'll price it from there.

Have we worked together before? If yes, you get a FRIEND discount!

Thank you for your interest!
Maureen Saul

message 2: by Wesley (new)

Wesley Morton | 2 comments I have a short fictional memoir of a religious cult survivor. About 22,000 words. Is this possible? Thank you,
Wesley

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 9 comments Wesley wrote: "I have a short fictional memoir of a religious cult survivor. About 22,000 words. Is this possible? Thank you,
Wesley"

Hey Wesley!
Yes! Let me know if you are looking for any specific feedback aside from what is mentioned in the post and your timeline. You can send your MS through my site or to mbsaul1@gmail.com along with any details.

Thank you!