The Post Card Exchange discussion

Postcards from Timbuktu

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana (secondhandrose) | 222 comments I read about this initiative on the Postcrossing blog. You can pay to have a postcard sent from Timbuktu, Mali. They are not cheap but you are supporting unemployed tourist guides (tourism has died due to civil unrest) and supporting the Mali economy.
I'm excited to have some hand written cards sent from Mali to friends and family.
https://www.postcardsfromtimbuktu.com/

message 2: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 9 comments Very cool site Diana! Thanks for posting the link.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jkjbf) | 30 comments Diana wrote: "I read about this initiative on the Postcrossing blog. You can pay to have a postcard sent from Timbuktu, Mali. They are not cheap but you are supporting unemployed tourist guides (tourism has died..."

Yes, this is intriguing, I'll check it out. Thanks Diana!

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay Salazar | 1 comments Are there any other sites from different countries available? I just bought a post card and would like more

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Imas (goodreadscomkima) I am new to this group. As an avid collector of postcards, books, and records, I was intrigued by this group. Anyone out there interested in conversing, I am available. -kima.

message 6: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 226 comments thanks for sharing!

message 7: by Meryl (new)

Meryl (merrryl) | 2 comments Thank you so much for sharing! Would love to get a postcard from Timbuktu :)