What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > boy accidentally walks in on girl having sex. Years later he finds out it was not consensual

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne (annemarieeden19) | 3 comments Hi I’m looking for the name of a book that I can only remember a certain scene. It’s basicall the boy and girl were together when younger and when they were together he thought she cheated on him at a party but when they are older he finds out what he walked in was her date rape drugged and being raped. Can anyone help

message 2: by Rene (new)

Rene Christensen | 6 comments Hmm so any idea what kind of person(s?) raped her? Was it the stories main villain? Does he get his comeuppance, redemption or just fade from the story?

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 263 comments Sounds like some movie I've seen, but don't remember the name of it.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40648 comments Mod
Anne, please read the group pointers/rules at the top of the group homepage - which explain what to put in your header.

We also need to know when you read the book.

message 5: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Oct 09, 2018 04:52AM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Anne wrote: "Hi I’m looking for the name of a book that I can only remember a certain scene. It’s basicall the boy and girl were together when younger and when they were together he thought she cheated on him a..."

Your book search sounds a lot like one that I have
in progress. If you could read the clues on mine to see if it matches, that would be great. Maybe the plot points I've listed and the ones you remember would be enough to solve the title? If it sounds familiar to you, then it could be the same.

I don't know how to add a link from my posting but here is the beginning text of it:

"Adult Contemporary Romance from the last 10 years. Hero finds what he believes is his college girlfriend having sex..."

message 6: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Amy*skye.rhyme wrote: "Your book search sounds a lot like one that I have
in progress.."

I'm glad you found this, Amy. I remembered this post when I first read yours, and thought it was either a repeat or two people looking for the same book, but I couldn't find it when I searched for it.

The moderators try to tell people that "Can’t remember name of book" is a terrible topic header, but you'd be surprised at how many people insist on describing the book in the vaguest possible terms.

message 7: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 766 comments Following

message 8: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments Maybe???

Forgiving History by Jenni M. Rose

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
I added a little detail to your header. Add more if you think it would be more descriptive. You can do that by clicking the little "edit" at the end of your thread header.

message 10: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 766 comments Do you remember anymore about the book.

message 11: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited Nov 06, 2018 11:35AM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1800 comments Amy*skye.rhyme wrote: "Your book search sounds a lot like one that I have in progress.."

You can link with HTML tags.

like this

[a href = "{url}"]like this[/a]

SamSpayedPI wrote: "but you'd be surprised at how many people insist on describing the book in the vaguest possible terms."

Completely correct. I refuse to read those posts, as the poster hasn't bothered to read or follow any of the instructions of this group. When they learn to read, then I'll bother to read what they've written. :)

message 12: by Amy*skye.rhyme (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Justanotherbiblophile wrote: "Amy*skye.rhyme wrote: "Your book search sounds a lot like one that I have in progress.."

You can link with HTML tags.

like this

[a href = "{url}"]like this[/a]

SamSpayedPI wrote: "but you'd be ..."

Thank you so much for telling me how to insert a link, I'm not familiar with html code or whatever so I just cut/pasted your tip and it worked. So easy.

message 13: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Nov 08, 2018 05:23AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Link to Amy's thread. Are you looking for the same book?

Is it Four Years Later?

message 14: by Amy*skye.rhyme (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Anne wrote: "Hi I’m looking for the name of a book that I can only remember a certain scene. It’s basicall the boy and girl were together when younger and when they were together he thought she cheated on him a..."

Haven't heard from you yet on whether you may be looking for the same book as I am, but I figured mine out finally with everyone's help, so I thought maybe you might get your answer here as well. Or maybe yours has nothing to do with mine, who knows, but it's worth a mention.

I posted my search with two different title search groups and discovered 2 books that have the same plot details I was looking for. You may want to check the titles below:

Kiss Me Twice by Jami Alden
Four Years Later by Emma Doherty

Here are links to the related comments from both groups I posted my search with:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 15: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Anne?