We Read Stuff discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month Nominations > October 2018 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (last edited Aug 21, 2018 01:54AM) (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) My favorite month of the year will be here before you know it and it's time to get your nomination in! October will be Horror . Nominate the book you would most want to read and discuss with the group in October.

A few reminders about nomination rules:

- Each member may nominate one book AND may second one book that has already been nominated.

-If you want to only nominate or only second a book without nominating anything that is fine.

- If we get more than 10 nominations then the 10 books with the most seconds will go to the poll.

- There are no minimum page counts for a book to be nominated.

- Books must be first in a series or a stand alone unless the group has already read the book in the series that came before the one being nominated.

- Nominations will close the afternoon of September 15th

*If you have any other questions about nominations or how they work please see this post

message 5: by Lattisha (new)

Lattisha Fox (indigoinsane) | 31 comments I have a nomination too! The Bone Mother The Bone Mother by David Demchuk

Three neighboring villages on the Ukrainian/Romanian border are the final refuge for the last of the mythical creatures of Eastern Europe. Now, on the eve of the war that may eradicate their kind—and with the ruthless Night Police descending upon their sanctuary—they tell their stories and confront their destinies.

Eerie and unsettling like the best fairy tales, these incisor-sharp portraits of ghosts, witches, sirens, and seers—and the mortals who live at their side and in their thrall—will chill your marrow and tear at your heart.

I find that for horror I can really only do short stories or novellas before I get bored or find my suspension of beliefs broken, so this one has been on my to read list for a long time.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Lattisha wrote: "I have a nomination too! The Bone MotherThe Bone Mother by David Demchuk

Three neighboring villages on the Ukrainian/Romanian border are the final refuge for the last of the my..."

This one sounds really interesting!

message 7: by Lattisha (new)

Lattisha Fox (indigoinsane) | 31 comments Oh yeah, I am going to read this one soon even if it doesn't win the vote!

message 8: by Valeria (new)

Valeria (valea22) | 64 comments The exorcist by William Blatty

message 9: by Aqsa (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 96 comments I wanna nominate The Shining

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) I've got all nominations up to this point updated in the first post :)

message 11: by Amy Leigh (new)

Amy Leigh (xxamyleighxx) | 4 comments There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

message 12: by Doreen (new)

Doreen The Shining by Stephen King

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Amy I've got your nomination and Doreen I've got your second updated :)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) One week left to get your nominations in!

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Nominations Closed!

Poll will be up shortly

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.