Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV Shows/ Podcasts > Pam Smart: An American Murder Mystery

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments I'd heard of this case because of the Nicole Kidman movie it spawned but I never actually knew the details.

She is obviously guilty of murder but I'm annoyed that people keep calling her rape of a child an affair. She raped her 15 year old student and then convinced him to murder her husband. Pam Smart is a monster.

Side Note: The Pam Smart trial was the first trial to be aired Gravel to Gravel on live tv.

message 2: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments I am watching this today, my dvr is waiting for me 😁😁

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

message 4: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments Using that word "affair" really got under my skin. They made it seem as if Pamela was just one of their friends, a fellow teenager. Like hello, she was an ADULT. Teenagers, high schools, are not friends, they are CHILDREN.

IDC after all it is said and done, she played her part in the madness. But the fact that she was never charged for rape, baffles me.

Plus, all three of them have been released, maybe be dubbed as the black widow/ice princess is why she is in jail for life. She showed no compassion for Gregg, even now, she didn't show anything.

Two out three of the boys didn't either, only Flynn, seem traumatized. 🤔

Maybe if she gets a new trial, then can add rape charges on there, ha! She can stay right where she is. She is doing exactly what she wanted to do back in college. . .

message 5: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I hate I missed this. I wonder if they'll do a rerun. A girl can hope, I suppose. I watched an older ID episode on her ( not sure which exact show) and I was looking forward to watching this with updated interviews.

message 6: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments Maybe try the ID app, I think I have seen it on there as well 😁

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments That's a good idea! I'll check it out.

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 127 comments I'm sorry I missed this, too! I'll check out the ID app.

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 127 comments Yes, it's on the ID app! Thanks, Tiaa 🤗

message 10: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments 😁🤗

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 292 comments I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. And I agree with what everyone is saying about the word "affair". She exploited that poor boy.

message 12: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3435 comments Mod
I worked in the prison where Pam Smart is, there are confidentiality laws but I will say this, she would have sex with anyone. ANYONE

message 13: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments I believe it, ha!! My gosh this woman. She isn't very smart at all lol

message 14: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments What's 'gravel to gravel'?

message 15: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 127 comments Gravel to gravel gave me pause, too. I thought it meant beginning to end in its entirety.

message 16: by K.A. (last edited Aug 25, 2018 05:53PM) (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments Maybe it was meant to be 'gavel to gavel', as in from when the judge first bangs his gavel to the last time? Not really sure.

Diane in Australia | 640 comments It *is* supposed to be 'gavel to gavel'. :)
"Courtrooms have seen plenty of equally tawdry tales over the centuries, but what made this one different, the film argues, is that it was the first to be televised gavel to gavel."
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/ar...

message 18: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments Ah, good sleuthing!

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments I’ve heard about that story but I would like to see the documentary on the ID channel