Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > first 3 chapters of YA historical fiction w/time travel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (last edited Aug 20, 2018 05:56PM) (new)

Kathleen Fraser | 2 comments I'm seeking a beta reader for the first 3 chapters of my YA historical fiction w/time travel entitled, "Awaken the Warrior." It's a 99,000 word YA that is in its final stages of editing.

A brief description:
It’s 2018 and Jordan Kane is the cornerstone player of the Bull Run Battlefield Polo Team. While dressing for a scrimmage, Jordan realizes she has forgotten her uniform and must wear her street clothes and the pair of antique riding boots on display in the corner of the tack room.

As the game plays on, an opponent violently knocks her from her horse with his mallet. Hurled from the saddle, Jordan is thrown into a fiery mist that billows out of nowhere. When the air clears, she finds herself in the crossfire of an 1862 Civil War battle. Having survived the carnage, she is imprisoned as an enemy of the Confederacy. Without the protection of law or family, Jordan schemes and battles her way through worn-torn Virginia in hopes of returning to a life that may no longer exist. Through unlikely alliances that transcend time, she'll discover her true ancestry and a diverse history that's been oppressed for over a century.

If you are interested, PM me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kathleen Fraser
(Copyright Certificate of Registration TXu 2-079-548)

message 2: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 303 comments I'm a Civil War history buff, enjoy historical fiction, & I'd be willing to read your first chapters.

thegreenheron1980 AT gmail.com

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Fraser | 2 comments Hi Jen,

Congratulations on getting published this October! That is quite the accomplishment.

Thank you for responding to my beta reader request. I can send the 3 chapters in PDF. Let me know if some other way is better.

Best Regards - Kathleen

message 4: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 303 comments Hi Kathleen,

Thank you. :)

I can work with Word or a PDF, whichever you have available and would like to send. Let me know if there's anything specific you're looking for in terms of feedback.

Jen.